Meg-A Readers Read-a-Thon Book #2: Big Boned by Meg Cabot

For my Book #2 of the Meg-A Readers Read-a-Thon I read Big Boned (#3 in the Heather Wells mysteries) by Meg Cabot (of course! :)).

Before I begin, I HAVE to share with you all a quote from the novel just to give you an example of how hilarious Meg is!

From page 5 of Big Boned:
(Heather's (& my, for that matter) reaction when she's (I'm) running:
"I'll go at my own pace.  Nice and easy.  Here we go.  There, see? I'm doing it. I'm running! Hey, look at me! I'm running! I'm-
"Okay, well that's enough of that.  Whew.  I mean, a girl could hyperventilate from doing that.  And seriously, it's my first day.  Don't want to overdo it. 
"Also I think I felt something come loose back there.  I'm not trying to overreact or anything, but I think it was my uterus.  Honest.  I think my uterus jiggled free."

Seriously BEST QUOTE EVER!!!!

And that was only on page 5!! So you can just imagine how hilarious the rest of the book is! :)

***May CONTAIN SPOILER FROM PREVIOUS NOVELS OF THE HEATHER WELLS MYSTERIES!!***
Big Boned (Heather Wells, #3)
Heather is back! She's just getting back into the swing of things.  She's got a boyfriend.  A vegan, running, outdoors loving, no television boyfriend.  In other words...the exact opposite of Heather.  
Heather's father is finally moving out, giving her the chance to be alone again with Cooper...oh wait, but she has a boyfriend now!! 
She's still working at the Fischer Hall Dorms, I mean Residence Hall.  Everything's been a bit quiet for the past couple of months...that is until the day when Heather walks into her office only find that her new boss has been shot in the head!
Everyone starts to panic! The school is under strike from the Residence Hall assistants, security, janitorial service people, etc.  And there's been a murder...once again! Which by the way absolutely does not help get rid of that nickname Fischer Hall has been known to be called...Death Dorm (ahem...Residence Hall!).

When people Heather cares for, get involved in the investigation, Heather takes the case under her wing...secretly of course, and starts her own investigation.


My thoughts:
You know to be honest, before I started rereading this one a couple of days ago, I honestly couldn't remember what the case was for Big Boned.  I remembered, before I reread, that in Size 12 is Not Fat that girls get thrown down the elevator shaft, in Size 14 is Not Fat Either is where a head is found in cafeteria at Fischer Hall; but then with Big Boned I just could NOT remember what the case was.  And it wasn't because I didn't like the story, and thought it was forgettable or anything. Oh heck no! This is a Meg Cabot book we're talking about! But the reason why I couldn't remember what the mystery in this one was, was because of the ending!  The ending involving Heather and a certain someone! 
I don't know, maybe it's just me, but in TWO of Meg's series so far that I've read (and that I can remember from), the THIRD novel in the series has that ending that I've been waiting for!  Involving two of the main characters.  If you've read Princess in Love you may know what I'm talking about.  I sort hope you don't, because I really don't want to be giving away to much!!

Overall rating:
 

Anyway, I REALLY hope all of you get the chance to read this series! Especially now that Size 12 and Ready to Rock is being released VERY SOON!!
The Romance Bookie :)
As you can imagine Heather is back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick