Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

I have been DYING to read Miranda Kenneally's newest book since Catching Jordan since reading, said, Catching Jordan back in January!  I absolutely LOVED CJ!  It was just one of the best contemporaries I've read in a long time!!

So when I pre-ordered Stealing Parker last week, and saw the next day it had already shipped, when it isn't supposed to be released until October 1st, I was stoked on life! And then that stokeness factor just went up even more when I received said-book-I've-Been-waiting-for-for-months I ripped open that Barnes and Noble package and devoured that book in about a day-and-a-half! If it would have been up to me, I would finished it in less than that time, but I have other things to do sometimes, unfortunately. 
Stealing Parker

Stealing Parker is Miranda's second book, and it's actually a companion to Catching Jordan.  What is a companion?
Well, it's not exactly a sequel, but it does include some of the main characters from Catching Jordan as background characters in this one.

Which was totally awesome! I love that when authors do that!  Kody Keplinger did it in her latest release A Midsummer's Nightmare (another 2012 favorite!), when Wesley and Bianca make a small appearance; and Miranda did it in Stealing Parker when Jordan and Sam make an appearance! 

Anyway, so now back to what Stealing Parker is about exactly...

Well, it's the story of Parker Shelton, a 17 (soon to be 18) year old teenager, dealing with the loss of friendship, her mother, and the change that has recently overcome in her life.  Her mother is trying to be in contact with Parker, but feeling the embarrassment from why her mother left still hasn't quite dyed down in Parker's head. 

Because of her mother, her two best-girl friends abandoned her, and spread terrible rumors about her, the people at her church have been whispering about her and her family, she's dropped out of her and her mom's favorite sport, Softball, because of her embarrassment,  and she's changed herself.

In fact, she's sort of gotten a reputation at school as being known to get around when it comes to kissing guys. 
She's questioning her faith, the people around her, and just feeling absolutely ready to graduate and move on from this place!

That's all before her best friend Drew asks her to do stats for the baseball team at school...and they have a new assistant coach, who just happens to be one of the hottest guys Parker has ever laid her eyes on.

In fact, when Parker starts flirting with him, he actually flirts back! 

What she may not realize is that, even though she believes everyone but her best friend Drew has abandoned her, there are still a few others who have been there for her!  Like, Will, aka Corndog, who until recently was her archrival when it came to her becoming Valedictorian...he's actually turned out to be a great guy!

Everyone's got secrets of their own.  And just because Parker's was the first to be made public, that doesn't mean no one else has any that might be just as humiliating as what her mom did...at least in the thoughts of church going Christians that go to Parker's church...

Parker realizes these things, as she tries to find herself again...along the way learning life lessons, finding out who her true friends are, and maybe...just possibly even finding someone who truly cares for her, and may even love her.

Find out in this page-turning teen contemporary novel that will have you routing for Parker from page one on!

My thoughts:
If you hadn't already noticed by what I said above...well, obviously, I LOVED THIS BOOK!! Miranda Kenneally has officially made onto my favorite authors list along with Meg Cabot, Simone Elkeles, Sarah Dessen, and Kody Keplinger!  Her books just allow me to remember even further why I love reading so much!  I love these cute, contemporaries, that have such a realistic story behind them, that have me page turning and page turning, and just not wanting the book to end!

I absolutely 100% recommend this book to anyone!! Okay, so realistically, not everyone loves teen romances, so I guess I definitely recommend it to high school girls going through a tough time in school!  I also recommend it to YA lovers! And Contemporary lovers!  PICK THIS BOOK UP when you get a chance!!! :)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

PS: Before I go, I do have one more exciting news to share!! The day before the Official release of Stealing Parker, which is September 30th (the release is October 1st!!) I will posting an interview I did with Miranda Kenneally a couple of weeks ago!!! So come back and read that when you get a chance!! :)

Comments

  1. I loved this book! I thought Corndog was really sweet and I even like the coach a little bit. Parker was going through such a tough time but I think she did the best she could. I liked that she took responsibility for everything. I loved Catching Jordan as well and it was nice to see Jordan and Sam so happy still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Corndog was super sweet! :)

      And I LOVE Catching Jordan!! :)

      Delete
  2. OMG you're so lucky. I preordered it on my nook, and no such luck getting it early :( I'm dying to read it, & I'm glad that you loved it too, it just makes me that more excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah unfortunately, the preorders for the ebook are October 1st ;(, but the physical paperbacks were shipped out early by Barnes and noble.

      Delete
  3. I also really loved this book! Corndog was pretty amazing and I really liked Parker :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick