Bossypants by Tina Fey! (last book of 2012!)






But I give it 5 Bookies!!

I finished my last book for the year!!

And I also finished the year with a possibly busted computer!! Which means I'm stuck using my brother's Dell, until I can make it to a near by Mac Store ;(, I miss you Maccie!!!

I can't believe I did it! I honestly thought I was going to have to count this one for next year already, but I did it!!

So I know in quite a few places it is already 2013, for instance my mom and I just celebrated the New Year with a friend from Germany, who celebrated their New Years at 3 p.m. (West Coast time, US).

Well, Anyway, it pretty much is the New Year here too...SO HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Anyway, I read Bossypants by Tina Fey, over these past couple of days.

Now, normally I'm honestly not a fan of non-fiction novels, but I've been wanting to read this one for ages!!

Okay, since 2011 when it was released... ;)

From Goodreads:
Bossypants

Before Liz Lemon, before "Weekend Update," before "Sarah Palin," Tina Fey was just a young girl with a dream: a recurring stress dream that she was being chased through a local airport by her middle-school gym teacher. She also had a dream that one day she would be a comedian on TV.

She has seen both these dreams come true.

At last, Tina Fey's story can be told. From her youthful days as a vicious nerd to her tour of duty on Saturday Night Live; from her passionately halfhearted pursuit of physical beauty to her life as a mother eating things off the floor; from her one-sided college romance to her nearly fatal honeymoon -- from the beginning of this paragraph to this final sentence.

Tina Fey reveals all, and proves what we've all suspected: you're no one until someone calls you bossy.

(Includes Special, Never-Before-Solicited Opinions on Breastfeeding, Princesses, Photoshop, the Electoral Process, and Italian Rum Cake!)


My thoughts:

This book honestly had me laughing  from beginning until end!  I don't know how this woman does it, but Tina was able to even make a terrible subject, like how she got the scar on her chin, sound funny,  which normally isn't a laughable subject at all!!

There was one chapter where  Tina answers her "Fan mail", and it's actually just comments from random people on TMZ.com, or some other trash talking websites, where they completely bash Tina, and call her ugly.  She handles it with such dignity! haha it was amazing!!

Then there is a part where she discusses the pros and cons of breastfeeding your child.  That was funny!

Goodness, there were just too many!!

I loved the parts where she talks about  SNL.  I've been watching on and off that show for a few years now, and just absolutely love some of the skits!  (You may know her for her classic portrayal of Sarah Palin during the 2008 elections? ;)).  

And then of course there's 30 Rock, which I know, I know, it's crazy to admit it, but I have never seen an episode!  It's in my queue on netflix, but I just haven't had the chance!

Overall rating:
 


I highly recommend this one to fans of SNL, or just plain old looking for a great laugh!  Tina definitely has a way with words! :)

Happy New Year Everyone!  I hope it will be a great one for us all!!! :)


The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I love Tina Fey!! She is amazing and so talent!!! Love her in 30 Rock!

    Marlene Detierro (Alaska Skagway)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. to her personality, stories, thoughts and feelings. Very nice book to read. Not your ordinary autobiography.
    I like this site :: Bellevue Montessori for Kids

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick