Random Post #7: Getting Out of my Reading Funk

Hey Everyone!

So I feel bad.

I've neglected The Romance Bookie so much in the last year, it's not even funny!
A lot has happened in my life! I got my drivers license, met an amazing guy, working like crazy, and of course school.

It's been all a lot to handle, some amazing, some crazy, and some just super annoying!  However, it all needs to be done, and sometimes unfortunately, while I hate to admit it, reading has to go on the back burner.

That being said, I'm still so unbelievably in love with books.  I went to a couple of Thrift Stores the other day, and where do I head first?

The book section of course!

It's just second nature by now!  I did hold myself back from buying too many books, and ended up walking away with one good find that I couldn't turn down.

And it's not like I have stopped reading!  I still read!  It just has been taking me a lot longer to finish a book! On average I've been finishing maybe one or two books a month...which yes is absolutely pathetic, especially taking into account that in 2012 I read over 110 books!  110!  Isn't that crazy?!

However, back in 2012, reading was the only thing I had going on that gave me any excitement in my life!  I had to rely on people to get anywhere, so I stayed home a lot; I didn't have a job, and my classes were all online.

And while, I don't regret not having a social life, because I had the opportunity to read so many fabulous books, I must admit that I have been extremely happy this past year!

I get to drive myself around to wherever my heart desires!  In fact, I'll be driving myself to my first couple of signings next month!!!!  I get to hang out with amazing friends whenever I have free time!  And I get to spend as much time as I can with my wonderful boyfriend.

It's been a crazy few months, but totally and extremely worth it!


That being said...I miss reading!  I've been itching to write reviews, but I just am not reading fast enough to be able to write reviews!!  I'm almost tempted to reread books that I know I absolutely love, possible some I've already reviewed and rereview them, if my opinions have changed or even if not; but just so I can read, and get back into the swing of things!!

I've been so restless too!  Not even in a bad way; but just in a way where I want to do SOMETHING!! Whether it be write (like I'm doing right now), scrapbook, go out and buy books or clothes (which unfortunately I can't do, because I need gas money lol); but just do SOMETHING!!!!

So here's what I will try to do!  I want to start writing again here on The Romance Bookie, on a regular basis.  Now I don't know if I'll get to writing as much as I did back in 2012 and before; and I don't know if I'll be reading AS MUCH as I did before; but I do want to read at least a little bit more, and I also want to write a blog post at least once a week!  Whether it be a book review, or just a random post like this that is related to books somehow!

I also have started up Music Tuesdays again, so I hope you all get to enjoy some possibly new music! :)

Now that's it from me for now, I'm off to find something to do; whether it's come up with some possibly interesting/entertaining book topics to discuss in the future, or read my latest book!

I just don't know! :)

Well, I hope everyone is having a great week, and I will be back soon!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick