Dare You To (Pushing the Limits #2) by Katie McGarry

Hey Everyone!! :)

Over a year ago, I read Katie McGarry's first book in the Pushing the Limits SeriesPushing the Limits, and fell absolutely in love with the characters, the writing, the story! Just everything!  I knew right away that I would want to read the other books in the series, as soon as possible!  At the time the second book, Dare You To was a few days away from being released, and unfortunately I caught up in other books, so by the time I did get the chance to read it, I had almost forgotten about it! I know I suck!  But that's the problem with when you start a series, and the other books aren't available yet!!

Anyway, almost a year and a half later...I've finally read the second one in the series, Dare You To!

From Goodreads:



Ryan lowers his lips to my ear. "Dance with me, Beth."

"No." I whisper the reply. I hate him and I hate myself for wanting him to touch me again....

"I dare you..."


If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does....

Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him.

But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all....

My Thoughts:

I remember loving Noah and Echo in Pushing the Limits, so I was sooooo excited to read more when it came to Katie McGarry's world! And let me just say that I was not disappointed!!

Beth and Ryan may seem like polar opposites, but you know, sometimes that is just what works! And let me tell you, the chemistry between those two is definitely there!

Beth's life can't really get any worse.  Her Uncle Scott is just who she needs to get her out of the funk, but even though she doesn't realize it right away, she soon sees that sometimes it's okay to depend on other people, instead of always just being the one that others depend on.

Ryan, while it may not be seen on the outside, has plenty of issues on his own, involving his "picture perfect" family.  In reality, his family is completely falling apart.

Ryan and Beth end up being there for each other to put the pieces back together, and learn somethings about themselves along the way.

Overall Rating:

I really liked this one!  McGarry once again writes a great story with a great ending!  I still have one or two questions about what is going to happen with Ryan and Beth's, especially Ryan's future, but I'm sure those will be answered in the future with the other books in the series, because the past characters seem to make an appearance periodically! Both Noah and Echo showed up a couple of times! :)

So definitely keep your eyes open for my review for the next book in the series, Crash Into You! :)

Have a great day everyone!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick