Kody Keplinger's Experience at "The DUFF" premiere in Los Angeles, CA!

Hey Everyone!!

The DUFF hits theaters THIS Friday!! How exciting is that??!! I am so excited to see it again!!

My review will be up this Friday too, from when I saw it early last month (what an amazing opportunity that was!!)

Anyway, today I'm here to share with you some of Kody Keplinger's highlights from the Los Angeles, CA premiere!! So wish I could have been there...darn you work, and darn me for having to be a grown-up all the time!! Anyway, next time!


Here are a couple of questions I got to ask Kody about her red carpet experience!

The Romance Bookie:  Was there anyone you were extremely starstruck to see?

Kody: Technically, I didn't see her - but apparently Aubrey Plaza was in the theater for the LA premiere.  Multiple people in my group spotted her, but they didn't tell me until after.  Which is probably for the best because - as a huge Parks & Recreation fan - I might have had a stroke.  And she wasn't the only Parks & Rec star in the vicinity while I was LA...


The Romance Bookie: That's so awesome!! Bummer you didn't find out until after!! Anyway, next question:  What has been the craziest thing to get used to throughout the whole movie adaptation process?

Kody: The craziest thing has probably been getting used to doing press.  I've done blog interviews many times, but up until recently, I'd only done a handful of phone interviews.  Now, all of a sudden, I've had to do many more phone interviews and even a few on-camera interviews.  It's very exciting, but also a totally new experience for me.  I'm so used to being able to write out and edit my answers.  I'm a writer! It's how I roll! Speaking in interviews is a totally different ball game, and it's taken some getting used to.  But I think (hope?) I'm starting to get the hang of it.

The Romance Bookie: You're doing a great job!! Congratulations Kody, and I am so looking forward to seeing The DUFF again!!  It was so funny and, while a bit different from the book, I wouldn't change a thing about it!!

Kody also shared with me some exclusive pics from the premiere in LA!

Kody and Ken Jeong

Mae Whitman (Bianca), Kody, and Robbie Amell (Wesley)

What an amazing opportunity Kody has worked so hard towards!!  Congrats Kody!  So proud!!!! :)

The Page Turners Blog is also hosting a Grand Prize Giveaway including a bunch of amazing things involving Kody Keplinger!!!  The prize pack includes:
-A signed hardcover copy of The DUFF
-A signed movie tie in paperback of The DUFF
-A signed copy of A Midsummer's Nightmare
-A copy of Shut Out
-An ARC of Kody's latest release coming out in late April, Lying Out Loud
-A movie poster signed by Kody
-A signed audiobook of The DUFF
-A t-shirt that says "I'm Somebody's DUFF"

So head on over there and join in on some entries for that amazing giveaway!!!!


Anyway, I hope everyone is having a fabulous week so far!  I got the week off my school job, due to President's Week!! YAY!  

The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick