The Romance Bookie is going on Hiatus

Hello Everyone,

It really saddens me to do this, but I have made the extremely tough decision on putting The Romance Bookie on Hiatus for a bit.

There is too much going on in my life, and I've putting this on hold for way too long at this point.  I have been very busy, and with school, work, and family I just can't handle everything anymore.

Yesterday, my family was told some very sad news.  One of our German Shepherds, named BJ, died while he was getting surgery to remove tumors in his spleen.  It turned out the cancer was far more advanced than they had thought, and he passed away while they were operating.  I, along with my family, is absolutely devastated.  Our dogs (we have three German Shepherds) mean the world to us.  They are part of the family, and losing one is like losing a piece of ourselves.

He was only eight years old, which even for a big dog like a German Shepherd is not old.  It is by no means, young, but also not old.  So losing him so unexpectedly is extremely difficult on me.

My head hasn't been in reading lately as it is, but with this on top of it, I just don't know right now, how escaping into a book is going to be possible.

I have notified friends and family via Social Networking, only because I can't handle talking to people in person about matters such as this.  Death is not easy for anyone, and when it comes to people confronting me, I'd rather they not.  I am not a fan of the "I'm sorry" talk.  I'd rather we talk of random things, to get my mind off of it.  That is just how I deal with things.

I am at a point in my life, where whatever free time I have, is being spent with my loved ones.  Reading doesn't allow me to escape from my own thoughts, as it used to, so that is my reason for the hiatus.

I do not know how long it will last.

I may even decide to pick up a book next week.  But right now, I just can't.

I wanted to say I'm sorry.  This blog means a lot to me.  I have put a lot of hard work into it.  But right now, my heart just isn't in it, and I don't think it would be fair to just continue like this.

I think I will get back to it one day, but just not right now.

In the mean time, I will attempt to have Erin continue reviewing and posting; but of course that is up to her too, if she would like to continue.

Thank you for understanding, and I want all of you to know I really appreciate all of the support you have all given me.

But for now, I must say goodbye.  Hopefully I'll be back sooner rather than later.

The Romance Bookie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick