Winter (#4 in the Lunar Chronicles) by Marissa Meyer (Audiobook)

Hello Everyone,

Because of my crazy schedule, switching between student teaching, school, and work, I have not had time to pick up a book in months.  I am counting down to when I get start again!  It is looking like towards the end of May, but then it also depends on my sanity at this point, because it is looking a little iffy at this point.  All I know, that this summer better involve some fun and relaxing time!  I am tired!

The only "fun" thing I have been able to do (and that depends on your definition of "fun"), is listen to audiobooks as I commute from home to student teaching, student teaching to work, and then at night make the hour long drive to school.  It has been a nice change, because to be honest as much as I had been a music lover before everything happened in my life, I have had a hard time listening to music since my dad passed away.  So audiobooks have been a nice change!

Anyway, I have been trying to read Winter since Christmas 2015!  Which is when my husband went out of his way, and went on a search to find me the most special edition he could find!  He tried eBay (which had copies on the ups of $400!), obviously we couldn't afford that, but then Barnes and Noble and Walmart only had the basic editions.  But then he went to Target and found a really beautiful edition containing pictures of all the characters inside the book cover.

It has been bumming me out for over a year now that I haven't had time to read Winter, because the Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series!  It is just such an intense series, that you really need to have the concentration in order to read it!  Especially when it is the conclusion to the series!

So anyway, on to my review!

From Goodreads:


Princess Winter is admired by the Lunar people for her grace and kindness, and despite the scars that mark her face, her beauty is said to be even more breathtaking than that of her stepmother, Queen Levana.

Winter despises her stepmother, and knows Levana won't approve of her feelings for her childhood friend--the handsome palace guard, Jacin.  But Winter isn't as weak as Levana believes her to be and she's been undermining her stepmother's wishes for years.  Together with the cyborg mechanic, Cinder, and her allies, Winter might even have the power to launch a revolution and win a war that been raging for far too long.

Can Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, and Winter defeat Levana and find their happily ever afters?  Fans will not want to miss this thrilling conclusion to Marissa Meyer's national bestselling Lunar Chronicles series.


My Thoughts:

Wow, just wow! Marissa Meyer seriously knows how to tell a story!  Even if it is a story that has been told over and over again, she is able to put a spin on it, that makes its own unique tale!  Unbelievable!  I am sad that the series has come to an end, but happy to dig into Heartless, which has been sitting on my bookshelf since December (my 2016 Christmas book from my husband 💜).

Princess Winter is an interesting character.  I do not know if she is my favorite, to be honest, that goes to Cinder, but she was a great edition to the Lunar Chronicles.  She and Jacin, who was introduced before, are so sweet together.  Hearing Winter have her episodes was, I know this is weird to say, but good!  Rebecca Soler just sounded like she belonged in a padded room, which was exactly the type of situation Winter's state of mind was in!

My favorite part of this series has always been that we get to hear from all the characters!  Even though Winter is the main characters, I would say at least half the book is still about the others!

Marissa Meyer has put so much detail into this series, and it is honestly so incredible!

Then to the audiobook! OMG I LOVED IT!  Rebecca Soler is SO GOOD!  I am actually planning on borrowing the others from the library, because I had no idea that one person can be so many characters, and be so incredible at it!  Scarlet!  This may sound so silly, because I know that Scarlet is from what we know as France, but hearing Scarlet come alive through Rebecca, was just perfect!  Her voice for Levana...PERFECT!  So creepy!  I loved Fairest, but I am really curious to hear it on audiobook now!

I seriously got the chills listening in the car!

Overall Rating:

Really liked this one! I think one day I will actually read the book, but this was a great way to hear the story!  Normally I have liked to read the book first, and then listen to the audiobook, to get that different point of view, but first off, I am glad that I have been able to finally hear Winter's story, but also that Rebecca Soler was able to bring all these characters alive in such an incredible way!

Definitely recommend this series, and if you do not have the mind set to read, which I can understand, then listen to this audiobook!  I know they are expensive!  But if you go to your local library, they should have it, and if not, be able to order it for you!

Mandy @The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick