From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess: Royal Crush (#3) by Meg Cabot

Hey Everyone!

So once again, it's been a few months.  I don't even know what is my life anymore, to be honest.  Let's see what has happened since my last post...

1.  I graduated!  I officially have my Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood Studies!
2.  My husband and I had a wedding celebration for all our friends and family.  We had quite a bit of family from Germany come for the occasion, which was amazing <3.
3.  My husband and I got a three day mini-getaway to beautiful Palm Springs.  That was amazing!
4.  I just got a promotion for my job, and a second job!

Life has been crazy. This past year...I just don't know.  Next month, it will be a year, since I lost my dad.  That's been hitting me more and more.  Overall though, this summer has just been spent attempting to recuperate a bit.  Things have been a bit everywhere though, just taking care of a lot of things, that I couldn't while doing school.  Without the help of my amazing husband, I don't think I would be getting through stuff anymore.

It's been rough, but the other day I got a wonderful surprise in the mail, when I received Meg Cabot's newest book, From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess, Royal Crush, the third book in the Olivia Grace series!  There is something I can usually always count on to cheer me up, and get me into reading again...Meg Cabot!

From Goodreads:



From the Inside of the Book-jacket: (Normally, I use Goodreads, but that is TOTALLY the wrong description!!):

"Olivia Grace Clarisse Mignonette Harrison is turning thirteen.  Even better, she's finally starting to get the hang of this princess thing.  Just in time too, since her half-sister, Princess Mia Thermopolis, is expecting to give birth to twins any day now!
"It's pretty much the worst time possible for a school field trip, but Olivia must attend the Royal School Winter Games.  Between Grandmere chaperoning, Olivia's snobby cousin Luisa complaining about her relationship woes, and everyone insisting that Olivia has a crush on Prince Khalil (even though she isn't sure that he wants to be friends anymore!), things are quickly turning into a royal mess!"



My Thoughts:

I love this series!  Not only is Olivia Grace absolutely adorable, but it is in the world of Princess Diaries, so I get to hear about Mia and Michael, and Grandmere, and everyone else!  Mia has her twins!!! What are their names??  Well...you are just going to have to read to find out!  I was not disappointed! :)

Olivia, who is about to turn thirteen, is growing up, just like Mia in the Princess Diaries.  She has changed even from the first book!  I am really looking forward to watching her grow more and more. She has been through a lot...losing her mom at a young age, living with "family" that doesn't like her, finding out about her father, finding out that she is a princess!  That's a lot for an almost thirteen year old to take in!

Meg's humor is present, of course!  Grandmere still has her amazing sassiness.  Mia has grown A LOT!  She really is an adult now, ready to be a mommy.  I just love that so much!

Overall Rating:

My only complaint is...now I have to wait ANOTHER YEAR for the next Meg Cabot book!!  I am really forward to what is next!

The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick