P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #2) by Jenny Han

Hey Everyone!

So we haven't had real internet in a few days where we live, and since our phones need wifi to work in our area, and we do not have cable, and heavily rely on Netflix and Hulu, it has been an interesting few days.  At this moment, I am using my hotspot on my phone, and utilizing the one bar I have in the corner of the bedroom.  Hey whatever works, right?

Tomorrow, fingers crossed, we should be getting the whole no-internet fiasco fixed, but in the mean time, I've been getting a lot of reading done, during my mornings off.  And I have to say, it's been really glorious!

I have not only finished P.S. I Still Love You, the second book in the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series, but also managed to read Tahereh Mafi's latest book A Very Large Expanse of Sea in a day, just in time to see her on Saturday at YA'll West!  I honestly, didn't expect to finish it!  I'm amazed at myself, at the moment!

From Goodreads:



Lara Jean didn't expect to really fall for Peter. 
She and Peter were just pretending.  Except suddenly they weren't.  Now Lara Jean is more confused than ever.
When another boy from her past returns to her life, Lara Jean's feeling for him return too.  Can a girl be in love with two boys at once?
In this charming and heartfelt sequel to the New York Times bestseller To All the Boys I've Loved Before, we see first love through the eyes of the unforgettable Lara Jean.  Love is never easy, but maybe that's part of what makes it so amazing.

My Thoughts:

When I read To All the Boys I've Loved Before (review HERE!) last year, I started remembering why I first got so into the Young Adult genre as a teenager.  This series brings back so many memories (not that I had boys pawning over me, but just from witnessing what my friends were going through.)  It makes me feel so nostalgic but also not miss those days one bit, because man I do NOT miss the drama!  So much freaking drama all the time!

Those years were some of my worst, and best times.  Best in that I was growing into the person that I am today.  The worst in that I had a lot of lesson learning to do when it came to friendships.  Or so-called friendships.

I just can't believe it's been an entire decade since I graduated from that place!

P.S. I Still Love You was such a delight!  I couldn't put it down, but of course being an adult, means responsibilities have to come first at times.  Every morning, I have been getting up earlier than my husband, just to have that hour of quiet to read.  That may sound awful, like I don't want to be around my husband or something.  But not true at all.  I LOVE spending time with my husband more than anything, but I have been really starting to cherish those moments of quiet reading time again.  When he gets up, I am happy to put my book down, one of us makes the coffee, and we get to sit down together and enjoy the rest of our morning, before both of us have to start working.  It's the small things in life, that I have really tried to start cherishing more and more again.

Lara Jean and Peter are continuing their relationship from where it left off in the first book, To All the Boys I've Loved Before.  There is drama with ex-bestfriend/Peter's ex-girlfriend, Genevieve; cyber-bullying; Kitty scheming away in her little innocent world; and of course, another boy pops up, who Lara Jean had written one of her five letters to.

Things get complicated, as they tend to do in everyone's high school social life.

Overall Rating:


It kept me on my toes, wanting more and more!  I ended up ordering the third and final book in the series, as I got past the half way point, because I knew I would want to read it!  This series, is really cute, and just what I want to see in a book right now!  I ended up reading There Mafi's latest book, as mentioned above, but am hoping to get into the third and final book now.  Sadly Jenny Han will not be there this weekend at YA'll West; which will be the first time since I started going four years ago.  I'm guessing she is busy filming the second movie in the To All the Boys I've Loved Before series!  Or you know, enjoying her probably glamorous life in Brooklyn (NEW YORK I MISS YOU!!!!).  So I can't even be mad, just a tad disappointed that I can't get my completed series signed!

But there is always next year!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I really liked that series - like more so than the movie, although I liked the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love this series! Reading book 3 currently! I am just so hooked!! Sad I'm on the last book, but very excited for the second movie!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick