2020 Update

Hey Everyone!

So I don't even know why I bother anymore at this point.  My last post was in October...I know pathetic.  As always, adulthood really has left my life in a tailspin. 

I can't believe we are in 2020.  And it's already May?!  WOW.  A lot has happened since October.  And none of what happened, involves me having read a book.  I know...even more pathetic. 

Unfortunately, that probably won't change anytime soon.  Before this October I am hoping to read a couple of specific books, before my life is turned even more upside down.  And hopefully among those books I'll be able to find the time to read Midnight Sun, which I'm sure everyone know about at this point, Miranda Kenneally's latest, and Meg Cabot's No Offense, hitting shelves August 11th.  But honestly, I'd be lucky if I finished the book I'm currently reading before October hits...

What to Expect in the First Year.

Why you may ask?

BECAUSE I'M EXPECTING!!!!

My husband and I are expecting a baby boy early this fall, and we are so darn excited!!! 

2019 ended on a rough note for us.  I had a miscarriage in late November, that ended with me having emergency surgery after spending two and a half days in the hospital, because doctors couldn't figure out what was actually going, besides that my embryo wasn't going to make it.  It was extremely painful both emotionally and physically.  I am so extremely thankful that my husband was by my side that entire time, and wouldn't leave me unless he had no choice, which was only during the actual surgery. 

In December, while still recovering from having three incisions in my abdomen, we went to Hawaii for a family member's wedding.  I had never been to Hawaii, and while I was bummed I couldn't go into the water, we still had a great time.  I got to see my beloved sea turtles, who turned out to be much more intimidating when they float up next to you in their enormous size, next to your kayak.  Kayaking was so much fun, and something I would definitely like to try again one day soon!  Plus, what a fun way to get exercise in!

Our trip to Hawaii, was a rather quick one.  We only spent five days in Oahu, and quickly had to turn around again after the wedding, to make it back in time for my mom's 50th birthday.  So that had us flying back on Christmas Eve morning, to make it back in time, for the evening's festivities.  Upon arrival to LAX, we found out our car service had abandoned us, without notification.  (Don't ever use ExecuCar! What a horrible company with terrible staffing!).  So we ended up using an Uber, which not only ended up being cheaper, but also much nicer, surprisingly!  Plus he got us back in no time! 

Then 2020 was upon us.  It held so much promise, excitement for the future.  The Roaring 20s were upon us! 

What no could have seem was that we were about to get the part of the 20s that no one wants to talk about...the plague part.  Yup COVID-19.  I'm sure you all know about it.  I'm sure its been keeping most of you inside, and when you do go outside you're sporting your, hopefully cute, mask.  I don't really want to go more into it, because I have gotten into plenty of fights at this point with people who just aren't taking it very serious, and have decided it is not worth my fragile emotional state to keep fighting with them. 

In January, my husband and I got the very exciting news we were waiting for.  That we were expecting again.  While we really hoped, we were pleasantly surprised by how fast it happened again.  But of course, it came with much skepticism, and wariness.  But then on Valentine's Day we got to our precious one's heartbeat for the first time.  And to see he had actually implanted in the proper place this time.  And then a couple of weeks after that, we got our first blood results, showing us everything was looking good so far.  And then when we got to see him move inside me for the first time...then it was all over.  I was over the moon and really really started to feel the excitement of the possibility of getting to hold my little man in my arms this fall. We found out we were having a little boy shortly after that, and finally was able to put a name to our little guy.  (My husband and I have had our names picked out for years at this point 😄.) 

I am about to start my 19th week of gestation on Saturday, which means next weekend I'm officially half way done!  Still very worried of course, but having high spirits.  It's been a little tough being couped up inside, but not too bad.  The antsy-ness has now hit, because I want to hit up all the stores for my baby stuff now!  But I keep reminding myself, I still have time, and Amazon is an amazing place!  Not to mention Walmart and Target! 

So that's whats been happening in my life recently.  I feel like everyone and their mother is pregnant at the moment...just kidding.  But seriously, I feel like everyday I'm reading about a new celebrity announcing their pregnancy.  Rupert Grint just had his baby girl the other day!  Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner are supposedly expecting, even though they haven't officially announced it I believe.  Lea Michele just shared her baby bump.  And Chris Pratt and Katherine Schwarzenegger are also supposedly expecting!  Maybe our little guy will share a birthday with someone! Not to mention, I have a few friends also expecting over the next couple of months. 

My husband and I are so very excited about this next step in our lives.  We've been looking forward to having a baby for quite some time now, and have been really worried it would be difficult, due to some underlying health issues I have.  Obviously, anything could happen, but we are very hopeful, and very much looking forward to welcoming our little man very soon!

I hope everyone is staying home and safe during this difficult time.  And that you are all doing well!  I would love to hear from all of you! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Dwello is the right place to buy Homes. Buy your new homes with confidence with dwello. Dwello - Right Address is Waiting.
    ANP Atlantis
    Beverly Hills
    Freshia
    Saffron Amber
    Regency Classic
    99 Riverfront

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is also important to learn how to maximize your chances of winning so that you can maximize the profit you will get. You should check out the different sites and try out the ones that you like best. If you are curious to get more details about draftkings review, here you can get more information about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick