Bridgerton (Netflix Series) (Not that you probably didn't Already know.)

 Hey!

Happy New Year Everyone!

I hope everyone had a lovely Holiday season!  2020 was such a rough year for so many, as we all know, and I just hope everyone was able to make the best of the last little bit, and come into the New Year with positive thoughts, and blessings.  

 The holidays for my family and I were both very busy, but also very relaxing.  Unfortunately, due to having a new baby, and with the pandemic going on, we had to make some tough decisions; and ended up not being able to celebrate with a lot of our family.  But we made the best of it, and video chatted, and had a few delicious meals, and enjoyed it the best we could.  

 I also completely spaced, and realized the other day that The Romance Bookie just hit its 10 year blogaversary!  

Yeah, I started The Romance Bookie a DECADE AGO! 

 How crazy is that?!

I'll do a post separate from this, if I get a chance, and share my memories with The Romance Bookie!

 But the real purpose of this post is to talk about the thing on everyone's mind.  Come on. You know what I'm talking about...

 

Bridgerton of course!

As you all know, I'm sure, by now, Netflix dropped a new series on Christmas Day.  Bridgerton

When I turned on that first episode, I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  

Honestly, I didn't think I was going to like, because The Crown, just absolutely bored me to death, and it also being a Netflix period piece, thought Bridgerton was going to be the same.  But it's like they say, don't judge a show by it's Network (?, I guess, in this case).  

 

Boy, was I wrong about this show!

 I finished it over a week ago, and still can't stop thinking about it!

 It was good!

I'm sure all of you know though... 

If you don't...WATCH IT!

 If you don't have Netflix, get your 1 week free, or whatever, and binge the sh*& out of those eight episodes!  

This show was Gossip Girl as a period piece!  

Not historically accurate, but if you ignore that, which I happily did (because I'm oblivious to that sort of thing anyway (History was not my strong suit in school)), you will enjoy this!  

This show has it all.

 Gossip, drama, comedy, sex...oh so much Sex, and romance.  

After finishing I went ahead and ordered the first six novels in the series...year the show is based on a book.  And Not just one book...a series of books!

From what I was able to find out (because I'm still waiting for my order), the first book in the series, is based on the first season of the show.  And if rumors are true, the second season will be based on book two.

 Another thing I really appreciated about this show, is that while there are definitely unanswered questions, it had a nice ending.  It looks like, possibly, each season will focus on a new set of characters from the story.  The character appear to be in the story, but each season will focus on a new set.  I like those type of stories, because it allows you to look and see how past characters are doing.

 Of course, with the show having just been released, I, along with everyone else, gets to wait a year now. 

 

via GIPHY

 

But in the mean time, I will do my best to enjoy the books.  

Hope everyone has a great week!  Until next time!

 

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick