The Romance of "Once Upon a Time..."

Last week I read the book Once Upon a Blind Date by Wendy Markham.  It was a really cute story!

The overall story is about two separate sets of friends, trying to set up their friends with someone who they can marry.  Maggie tries to set up her best friend Dominic, with a woman that is like her, but unlike her, feels attracted to him...in other words, the woman of his dreams, who can marry and start a family with.  Charlie is best friends with Julie, who happens to be a great pastry chef, to do the same thing.  Both Maggie and Charlie make up a profile for their friends on a matchmaking website.  And that's how Julie and Dominic meet. 

Now here's where the twist comes...their first date is at a basketball game, and they both take a friend.  Dominic takes Maggie, after she invites herself, to watch out that he doesn't mess everything up, and Julie takes Charlie.  Well, the twist is that Julie and Dominic are totally wrong for each other, but it turns out that there might be some sparks between Charlie and Maggie. 

I don't want to tell you anymore, other wise there won't really be a point of you reading the book anymore :).  The only complaint I do have about the book, I felt the ending was just a little rushed.  I hate it when it feels like the author just wanted to throw a last minute ending together so that they can meet their deadline.  Authors: PLEAAASEE TAKE THE TIME TO NOT RUSH YOUR ENDINGS!!!

Okay, so that's it for now.  I hope you all have a great week! I hope I do, a family member that has stayed with us for the past 2 MONTHS is finally leaving on Friday.  I love her very much, but we need our space!
Anyway...have a great weeks and I will write again soon. :)
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick