Delirium

Love.
We all know of it.  We all have either experienced it, or imagine it.
But what we all have in common is: We all want it.

But can you also imagine a world without it??

Well, that's Lauren Oliver's world in Delirium.  Love is a disease, aka amor deliria nervosa.  Nobody wants it, in fact nobody wants to be near it.

Lena can't wait to get the procedure that everyone gets at the age of 18 to become immune to amor deliria nervosa, or love.  She's counting down the days...that is until she meets Alex.

Alex, who has the scars that indicate he actually had the procedure done, acts very different than the other adults who've gone through the process.  He breaks the rules, and even seems to flirt with Lena whenever they run across each other.
Lena doesn't quite know how to handle the feelings inside of her.

However, Alex changes Lena.  She starts realizing that maybe the life she learned was the acceptable life, isn't.  Maybe love isn't this terrible disease that causes hatred, and terrible things to happen to people.  It can be an amazing experience.

She especially realizes a lot about herself when she finds out Alex knows some very key information from her past, that can change everything...

Delirium is another one of these Dystopian books, I mentioned in my Matched review.  After reading Delirium  I'm definitely wanting to read more!! This book was really enjoyable!  It took a while to get started at the beginning, but then kept me on my toes to the point where I didn't want to put down my Kindle!  

I definitely recommend reading Delirium by Lauren Oliver!  If you've got a Kindle then you can get the e-book for only $2.99 on Amazon (Barnes and Noble is unfortunately $9.99); and the regular book edition also available at any book store.  :)

Overall rating:


I do have one warning before I sign-off, this book does contain some graphic violence involving animals, that had me cringing and almost breaking down in tears; but it's only a very short scene.

Alright everyone, that's it from me.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick