Still on My Mind #10

Still on My Mind is a weekly meme, featured on Thursday, started by Haley over at Ya-Aholic, where you discuss a book you've either recently read, or read over the past few years, that's still on your mind.

Because I just finished Two for the Dough, I've got Stephanie Plum on the brain!  That's why for this weeks choice for Still on My Mind I've decided to choose One for the Money by Janet Evanovich, which is the first in the Stephanie Plum series.

While I'm out on the hunt for book three, Three to Get Deadly, I've got no other choice but just keep me going by the hilarious afterthoughts of reading both One for the Money and Two for the Dough.

Goodreads Description:
Welcome to Trenton, New Jersey, home to wiseguys, average Joes, and Stephanie Plum, who sports a big attitude and even bigger money problems (since losing her job as a lingerie buyer for a department store). Stephanie needs cash--fast--but times are tough, and soon she's forced to turn to the last resort of the truly desperate: family.

Stephanie lands a gig at her sleazy cousin Vinnie's bail bonding company. She's got no experience. But that doesn't matter. Neither does the fact that the bail jumper in question is local vice cop Joe Morelli. From the time he first looked up her dress to the time he first got into her pants to the time Steph hit him with her father's Buick, M-o-r-e-l-l-i has spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. And now the hot guy is in hot water--wanted for murder.

Abject poverty is a great motivator for learning new skills, but being trained in the school of hard knocks by people like psycho prizefighter Benito Ramirez isn't. Still, if Stephanie can nab Morelli in a week, she'll make a cool ten grand. All she has to do is become an expert bounty hunter overnight--and keep herself from getting killed before she gets her man.

What I love most about this series, so far, is hands down the humor! Janet Evanovich has made this strong-willed smart mouthed character that just throws out these absolutely hilarious sentences, along with Grandma Mazur!  As I was reading the first book, I actually found myself writing down quotes, something I'd never done before!  I just did not want to forget them!

I highly recommend this series!  It's got some mature content, so I do recommend a somewhat older audience, I would say possibly 16 and up, but of course parents can be the judge of that! :)

Have a great day everyone!!
The Romance Bookie :)

On a side note:
May I just say CONGRATS to Zooey Deschanel and Max Greenfield for their Emmy nominations on New Girl!!! I'll have my fingers crossed for both!!!! :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick