Swim (a short story) by Jennifer Weiner

I have heard so many fabulous things about Jennifer Weiner! Her name seems to be everywhere!
She wrote the novel In Her Shoes which inspired the movie with the same name featuring Cameron Diaz (I will admit, I wasn't a big fan of the movie).

However, a few weeks ago I was scrolling through the free books on Amazon, and I came across Jennifer Weiner's new short story Swim!


Swim: An eShort Story
I had a late night yesterday, a childhood friend of mine got married, and we were all celebrating (I had my first Mojito!! And it was pretty good!), so this morning as I was waking up, I really wanted something easy and short to read...and that's when I thought of Swim!

I was contacted by someone from Simon & Schuster's Atria Publications, because of a review of mine, and they offered to send a copy of Jennifer Weiner's newest novel The Next Best Thing.  I was super excited, because I've always wanted to read something by Jennifer!

Swim is actually a prequel short story to The Next Best Thing, so it was interesting and fun getting to know the main character I'll be learning about more in the next week or two.

What is it about?
Well, Swim is the story of Ruth, who quite her job nine months earlier, after the man she worked with broke her heart.  She's been working in coffee shops helping students with their college applications.  One day, she gets approached by a man looking to get advice on his writing for his online dating profile.

Overall rating:


Like I mentioned above I thought reading Swim was a nice way to get introduced to the main character, and get me sort of ready for reading The Next Best Thing.  I'm definitely looking forward to reading more now! :)

I hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick