The Fault in Our Stars Movie Review

So yesterday, I once again went into the world of John Green, but this time through a different perspective...through the big screen.

I saw The Fault in Our Stars featuring Shailene Woodley (as Hazel) and Ansel Elgort (as Augustus).

I know, I know, pretty much everyone has already seen it!  But due to a very busy fun weekend last week (I celebrated my first anniversary with my boyfriend), I was unable to see it.  In one way I'm very glad that I didn't have to deal with crowds, because I heard theaters were PACKED!!

Anyway...to the REVIEW!

From IMDb:


Hazel and Gus are two teenagers who share an acerbic wit, a disdain for the conventional, and a love that sweeps them on a journey. Their relationship is all the more miraculous given that Hazel's other constant companion is an oxygen tank, Gus jokes about his prosthetic leg, and they met and fell in love at a cancer support group.


My Thoughts:

Wow!  Let's just say I went through another box of tissues as I watched this movie.  That's TWO boxes involving both the book and the movie!!

I read The Fault in Our Stars back in 2012, a few months after it was first released, and fell absolutely and 100% in love with the story.  It was probably one of the most saddest and depressing stories I've ever read, but at the same time one of the most beautiful!  

Hazel and Gus are the real deal.  The perfect match!  

And this movie made that come alive!

I went with my mom, who hasn't read the book, but walked in my room as I was finishing the last couple of chapters of the book, bawling my eyes out!  I don't know if I've ever cried as hard reading a book, as I have this one!  

Overall rating of the movie adaptation:



I would HIGHLY recommend reading and then seeing this one!  

It's been quite a while since I've read it, but I can tell you I do remember quite a few word-for-word quotes from the book being used in the movie!

I loved how they did the chalk-like thought bubbles when Hazel was reading or sending texts to Gus!  Shailene and Ansel did an amazing acting job!  Both roles are extremely difficult to fill, and I must say they both did a very convincing job of fulfilling them!

Definitely check it out if you haven't already!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Glad you loved it :) I'd like to see it again at some point too, maybe on DVD.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick