To All the Boys I've Loved Before (To All the Boys I've Loved Before #1) by Jenny Han

Hey Everyone!

Finished another book!  Second one in less than two weeks!! I'm pretty excited right now! I've been really trying to get back into reading, because it used to relax me so much, and I really miss that!!

I've been trying to read this one for a while (to be fair, that's a lot of books at this point), but I finally read To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han!  I've met Jenny Han quite a few times now, I want to say at least three times, if not more; because I believe she has been Ya'll West every year I've been, plus I believe I've seen her in the past at Festival of Books.  Since 2015, I have seen a ton of copies of To All the Boys I've Loved Before, being held in the signing lines.  It looked liked a book I would really like.  Well I finally bought a copy, before this year's Ya'll West, and got it signed.  And because it is being released as a Netflix movie next month, I knew I needed to read it ASAP, so I could watch the movie when it was released!

From Goodreads:


What if all the crushes you ever had found out how you felt about them...all at once?

Sixteen-year-old Lara Jean Song keeps her love letters in a hatbox her mother gave her.  They aren't love letters that anyone else wrote for her; these are ones she's written.  One for every boy she's ever loved - five in all.  When she writes, she pours out her heart and soul and says all the things she would never say in real life, because her letters are for her eyes only.  Until the day her secret letters are mailed, and suddenly, Lara Jean's love life goes from imaginary to out of control.  


My Thoughts:

This was a cute book!  It was a I-Want-to-escape-and-not-have-to-think-about-things kind of book!  I love these types of books.  I have been finding myself growing out of them a little, but this one was cute.  I even ordered the second one right away after finishing it.  Which now means, I hopefully can meet Jenny Han again one of these years, so I can complete my signed collection ;).  I am really looking forward to how Netflix will adapt the book into a movie, it should be cute!  I recently watched The Kissing Booth, which was also a book adaption, so I'm hoping that Netflix continues making Young Adult books into movies, because I will be all over that!!!  Let's keep it up-beat though, because 13 Reasons Why has been bringing me down, which is why I haven't brought myself to watch past episode 2 of season 2.

Anyway, back to the actual book on hand here!

I'm looking forward to seeing how the story plays out, because the first book ended uncompleted, and there are still a few letters out in the world, so I'll have to see if Lara Jean ends up interacting with those boys.  There should still be two letters out there, if I'm not mistaken!


If you like young adult contemporaries, set in a high school character's point of view, I think you check this one out! :)

The Romance Bookie :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick