Movie Mondays #1: Now & Then (1995)

Hey Everyone!

I want to try to start blogging more, and so I've been running through some possible ideas for Weekly Posts, so The Romance Bookie isn't sitting as dormant as she has been these last few years.  Plus I'm not reading as much as I used to, so I really would like keep her up with not only books, but also other things I'm interested in.

I'm sure Movie Mondays is probably taken somewhere, but I am going to try to share which movies are on my mind!

For my first week, I'm picking a movie I just found last week for the first time.  It's on Netflix, a semi-old one, but a good one!

Image from IMDB 


It's called Now & Then, and it features a younger Christina Ricci (around her Casper days!), as well as Rosie O'Donnel, Rita Wilson, Demi Moore, and many more.



So I don't know if there are any Casper fans reading this, but if there are, do you guys remember the cutie who plays real-boy Casper??  You know the one all of us 90s kids, swooned over??

Well he's in this with Christina Ricci!!
His name is Devan Sawa!

Photo from an InStyle Article


Description from IMDB:

Four 12-year-old girls grow up together during an eventful small-town summer in 1970.

My Thoughts:

So not only does the movie take place in the summer of 1970, but it also flashes forward to the 1990s when the four women are older, and have gone off on separate paths, but come together when one needs them.  It was just a really cute movie!  It was my kind of movie, when my husband is off playing a computer game or busy working, and I have off time.  I definitely recommend it!

Plus it's on Netflix!!

Streaming Services where Now & Then is available for free:

✅Netflix
🚫Prime Video
🚫Hulu


The Romance Bookie :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick