Movie Mondays #2: Star Wars Episode VI : Return of the Jedi

Hey Everyone!

So I missed last week, but dang, was it busy!! FUN! But super busy!  Mainly because my husband and I went to Disneyland!!!  We got annual passes for the first time since 2013, back during our first year together.  We are HUGE Disney fanatics, and love having the opportunity to go anytime we can!  Last year we had Disney World annual passes, because we took this big Family Trip, and were there long enough, that it just made sense to get a pass, and then we went back in February of this year, because we wanted to make the most out of the pass.  Unfortunately, it did expire last month, and even though we told ourselves, we were Disney’d Out when we got back in February from Florida, by the beginning of this past summer, we were already itching to go again.  Especially with the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Also we hadn’t done the new Incredible Coaster at California Adventure, so we found a reason to go!  With us getting ready to have a child, we know this might be our last year to be able to do this, for quite a few years, because man, I saw some young babies, with grumpy parents while we were there this week!

Any-hooo....To get ready for our trip this past week, we decided to refresh our memory and rewatch the original Star Wars movies.  Episodes 4-6 that is.  The ones with Leia, Han Solo, Luke Skywalker, and of course my favorite Ewoks!!

So for this week’s Movie Monday, I am picking Episode 6, Return of the Jedi.  Episode Six I have decided is my favorite out of the Star Wars series.  The story has been semi-established, Luke has figured himself out a bit, Leia is kicking butt, and of course my favorite little teddy bears make an appearance...the Ewoks.

Image From IMDB


Episodes 4-6 hold a very special place in my heart because I watched them as a kid with my dad.  He introduced me to the Ewoks, and after watching the three original movies, he showed me the Ewok movies too.  I wonder if people who were born after the mid 90s even know there was an Ewok movie??!!  But yes there was, and it was one of my favorites growing up.  Could I tell you much about it?  Probably not, because I was like three and my main thought was, “OMG I WANT TO CUDDLE WITH ONE, and make it be my best friend!!!”

A couple of months ago, my amazing husband ended up finding the first Ewok movie for me on Amazon Prime, and we watched it together.  It was still really cute, and as long as you realize when it was made, and what little technology was available at that time, then I think you will enjoy it too, if you’re an Ewok fan.

But anyway, this is about Episode 6: The Return of the Jedi!!!

So yes, my favorite out of the series.

Now you guys, I will be honest...I am not someone you can question about Star Wars.  Do I enjoy them? Yes.  Do I remember everything and all the storylines?  No.  Absolutely not.  I remember “Pew Pew” (those are supposed to be the gun noises...see?  I don’t even know the names of the Blaster!!)

But anyway, if you’ve been wondering if it is worth it to go to Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland or Disney World, I obviously don’t know about Disney World’s Version of Galaxy Edge yet, but Disneyland’s version is awesome and totally worth it! You will be amazed, it was WAY bigger than we imagined, especially giving Disneyland’s limited space. As for Disney World, I would automatically anytime recommend Disney World, because it is my favorite place to visit, and anything there absolutely awesome!!  We just didn’t our passes there again, because flights are so darn expensive!

When we first walked through the archway of Galaxy's Edge

Our flight assignments for Smuggler's Run

Just an excited Millennium in front of the Millennium Falcon

The Darth Chocolate Parfait from Tomorrowland's Galactic Grill 


I am itching to go back already, and we just got back Thursday!  And then we went back on Saturday to Downtown Disney, because we had a couple of hours to kill before a friend’s birthday at a dinner show place in Anaheim...I wanted to go to the park so bad!!! But unfortunately, our passes don’t work on weekends, but you know what...I am totally fine with that.  Because not only are weekends usually CRAZY busy, but I am most of all so unbelievably grateful to just be able to go!  It is such a fun place, and it puts the biggest smile on my face every time!

See!!! Smiles and smiles!!

Enjoying the Halloween time's Mummy Macaroon

Sipping on those Mint Juleps <3

Smiles for days at Disneyland! It seriously is the Happiest Place on Earth!!

I am so excited to go back!  We have so much to still do, including trying the Blue and Green milk!! 

Also by the way, the Incredible Coaster is my new favorite ride at California Adventure!  It made me laugh so hard, and have such a blast!!!

Talk to you all soon!

The Romance Bookie :)



Comments

  1. That parfait looks tasty. One of these days I'll make it to Galaxy's Edge ... Brad and I were going to do WDW for my birthday in January but it's just too expensive. Like $900 for airfare + a 4-day non-hopper ticket. We are going to do Vegas instead. :) You are lucky you live so close to DL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we live in a great place to have everything close enough! It's just insanely expensive to live here!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick