Food Friday #3

 I made some yummy things this week!  

First, Turkey Pot Stromboli!

Got this recipe from my best friend...Pinterest 😉.  Seriously who doesn’t use Pinterest for recipes?!

The only changes I made to the recipe was, I ended up needing an 1/3 of the second sheet of pastry puff, to cover the top, because the filling was too much.  And I had to use milk, because the heavy whipping cream I ordered, was out of stock.  I recommend using the heavy cream though, if you can get your hands on some.  The milk was okay, it worked, but cream would have made the filling the creamier texture that pot pie usually has. 


This was a bomb recipe, and one I definitely plan on doing again.


Next Recipe:

So my husband and I have been on a Brussel sprout kick.  More specifically figuring out the best way to crunch them up!

I’m still trying to figure out how to do it best, without burning them.  My favorite so far has been taking the Brussels sprouts apart, so the leaves are separated.



In a bowl, drizzle olive oil on the leaves, and stir them around gently, so the oil is covering them.  Spread the leaves out on a baking sheet, sprinkle salt all over.  And then bake on 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, checking every so often.  I have found that the convection setting works the best for crisping them up.  

When they are done, we drizzling balsamic vinegar glaze all over.


They are delicious, and we’ve been eating them once a week at least.  Or as I can get my hands on Brussels sprouts.  


The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick