The Mortal Instruments #1-4 (The Graphic Novels) by Cassandra Clare and Art by Cassandra Jean

 Hey!


So I'm going through a little bit of a reading slump to start off my July, but instead of putting the pressure on me to read something specific, I decided to finally read something I've been wanting to read for a long time!

The Mortal Instruments Graphic Novels! 

I understand why Graphic novels are pricier, they take a lot of work to make, and a lot of someone's valuable time!  But that doesn't make it easier to shell out $15 for a book that will take me less than 45 minutes to read.  

But I finally did it!  I bought all four that are available so far for my birthday!  

I turned 30 on the second.  

THIRTY.

I still can't believe I'm 30.  That is so unbelievably crazy to me.  I started The Romance Bookie when I was 19.  Practically a baby.  And now I'm a full fledged married-with-a-child-and-mortgage adult.  Crazy!

Anyway on to my review!

From Goodreads:

The Mortal Instruments Graphic Novel #1


The first installment of Cassandra Clare's bestselling urban fantasy series, The Mortal Instruments is adapted into a graphic novel series!

Hanging out with her best friend, Simon, is just about the most exciting thing in Clary's life...that is, until she realizes there are people only she can see.  But when her mother disappears and a monster attacks her, Clary has to embrace a world that she never even knew existed --a world full of vampires, werewolves, demons, and those who fight for the humans, Shadowhunters...



The second installment of the graphic novel adaptation of Cassandra Clare's bestselling fantasy series The Mortal Instruments!

Having her best friend, Simon, kidnapped and being attacked by the vampires already seemed too much for Clary to handle. But when she realizes her hidden power and that leads her to what she has been searching for, the truth exposed might be something that she absolutely cannot accept...

Cassandra Jean's fluid art brings this second volume to life, packed with action and drama, and of course, never-seen-before scenes!


The third installment of the graphic novel adaptation of Cassandra Clare's bestselling The Mortal Instruments!

With the truth about her family brought to light, Clary just wants to find a way to return to as normal a life as possible. But with Downworlders being killed around the city and Jace in serious trouble, it might be time for her to stand up and grab the power she never even knew she had inside her...

The suspense keeps building! What will happen to these beloved characters, brought to life by Cassandra Jean's lush artwork and beautiful color illustrations? Includes a brand-new, exclusive scene written by Cassandra Clare!



THE FOURTH INSTALLMENT OF THE GRAPHIC NOVEL ADAPTATION OF CASSANDRA CLARE'S BESTSELLING THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS!

Maia and Simon are kidnapped, and Jace knows exactly who took them.  It's time to face the terror known as Valentine to stop him from slaughtering the Downworlders and activating the Soul-Sword. All the Shadowhunters gather to join the fight, but when they find themselves hopelessly outnumbered by thousands of demons, the fate of the world might just lie in Clary's hands...!

The showdown begins in this action-packed volume accentuated by beautiful illustrations by artist Cassandra Jean. Plus, get a glimpse into the secret interaction between Valentine and Jace, revealed here for the first time by Cassandra Clare!


My Thoughts:

I am really loving these so far!  I just really hope they keep being released because I'm not finding word yet online about the next installment.  Book 4 came out in November, so hopefully we'll get another one by the end of the year.  

So the first four books is books one and two of the series.  Graphic Novels #1-2 are City of Bones and #3-4 is City of Ashes.  I love seeing the world of Cassandra Clare coming alive like she imagined it!  It really made me remember why I loved the books so much, and allowed me to forget the monstrosity that is both the movie adaptation and the show that came out.  Sorry-but-not-sorry.

I almost want to reread all the books, because it must be about a decade now since I originally started them, but man, that is a commitment, that I'm not sure I'm ready to give just yet.  I do love these books though!

These were such a fun, easy recap of the books, that I am really looking forward to the future releases!  Fingers crossed they happen!

Overall Rating:


Definitely check these out if you're a fan of The Mortal Instruments, or even if you don't want to commit to humungous books (even though they are awesome!! And you would be missing out!), but are intrigued by the story!  These are great!

The Romance Bookie :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick