A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas (Audiobook)

 Hey Everyone!

I've got another review for 2022!  I have been hearing so much about Sarah J. Maas, and just haven't had a chance to read anything by her; but I knew I needed to at some point!  Then, a couple of weeks ago I was going through the Hoopla App on my phone, and I saw that my local library offered the Court of Thorns and Roses series!  So I jumped on the chance, and checked out the first book in the series, titled the same.  

So here is my review!

From Goodreads:


Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill - the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jeweled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.

My Thoughts: 

Honestly, I can't believe it's taken me this long to read a Sarah J. Maas book.  If this book had existed prior to 2013, I would have read it.  I used to read a lot more fantasy back in the day, but just haven't had the mindset as much as I used to.  I find that fantasy is a subject you need to pay very close attention to, because you're introduced to so many new things; unlike the normal contemporary romances I read.  The main reason this one caught my attention is because I was told it was a semi-Beauty and the Beast retelling, and that got me very excited.  I love retellings, especially ones based on this story.  I read Beastly by Alex Flinn back in 2011! 

A Court of Thorns and Roses was quite different though.  While it may have started off as having certain similarities to Beauty and the Beast, it quickly became so much more.  It became a fantasy world all on its own.  One, I became very immersed in while listening, and had me grasping to learn more and more about this new fantasy world I had not been introduced to before.

Overall Rating:


I finished this book in February, and it slipped in, in the last moment to become my favorite book of the month!  I'm currently rereading a favorite book of mine, for a quick break, and something a little simpler, and then I'm hoping to dig right into book two, A Court of Mist and Fury later on this month!  

I hope everyone had a good reading month, and is having a good start to their March!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick