Heartstopper: Volume 4 by Alice Oseman (Graphic Novel)

 Book #2 of 2022 ✔!

Now it was a graphic novel, therefore a fun easy read for me, but still think I'm off to a great start in 2022!    I'm also so excited to have gotten my hands on this one early, because it technically isn't supposed to be released until tomorrow!  But for some reason my local Barnes and Noble already had copies sitting on the shelf, so I ended up sneaking into my pile during the 50% off hardbacks sale, even though this one was a paperback 😉.

From Goodreads:


Boy meets boy. Boys become friends. Boys fall in love. The bestselling LGBTQ+ graphic novel about life, love, and everything that happens in between: this is the fourth volume of HEARTSTOPPER, for fans of The Art of Being Normal, Holly Bourne and Love, Simon.

Charlie didn't think Nick could ever like him back, but now they're officially boyfriends. Charlie's beginning to feel ready to say those three little words: I love you.

Nick's been feeling the same, but he's got a lot on his mind - not least coming out to his dad, and the fact that Charlie might have an eating disorder.

As summer turns to autumn and a new school year begins, Charlie and Nick are about to learn a lot about what love means.

Heartstopper is about love, friendship, loyalty and mental illness. It encompasses all the small stories of Nick and Charlie's lives that together make up something larger, which speaks to all of us.

This is the fourth volume of Heartstopper, which has now been optioned for television by See-Saw Films.

My Thoughts:

EEEE!! Did you read that last part on the description of the fourth volume??? "Which has now been optioned for television..."!!!!???  

How exciting!  

I have truly enjoyed reading about Charlie and Nick's love journey.  And it really has been a journey.  The fourth volume focuses more on Charlie and his mental and physical health.  Nick is there every step of the way for Charlie, and their love just keeps growing.  I am both excited and sad for the fifth volume, because it will be the last in this series.  I am wondering if Alice Oseman is planning is a spin-off series on some of the other characters, because in her author note at the end of the book, she wrote "I know that many of you are sad that the next volume will be the final volume of Nick and Charlie's story."  I don't know why but I have a feeling we will hearing about some of the other characters next! I sure hope so!  Because there has been some building up on some of the side character throughout the volumes.  If that happens I hope we get to see more of Charlie and Nick through those!

Overall Rating:

A great series!  And a fun easy read!  I would recommend, but I know so many have already read these!  I'm pretty late to the game! :)

The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick