My Not So Super Sweet Life (#3 in My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century) by Rachel Harris (ARC Review)

So it's been a while since I was with Cat's gang, but thanks to the awesome lady behind this fun loving series, I've finally gotten my conclusion to this trilogy!

From Goodreads:


Cat Crawford just wants to be normal—or at least as normal as a daughter of Hollywood royalty can be. And it looks like fate is granting her wish: she’s got an amazing boyfriend, Lucas; her fabulous cousin, Alessandra, living with her; and her dad planning his second marriage to a great future stepmom. That is, until her prodigal mother reveals on national television that she has something important to tell her daughter…causing a media frenzy.

Lucas Capelli knows his fate is to be with Cat, and he’s worked hard to win her over once and for all. Unfortunately, Lucas has his own issues to deal with, including a scandal that could take him away from the first place he’s truly belonged.

As secrets are revealed, rumors explode, and the world watches, Cat and Lucas discover it’s not fate they have to fight if they want to stay together…this time, it’s their own insecurities.

Well, and the stalkerazzi.


My Thoughts: 

I read the first two books in the My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century Trilogy in 2012 (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century) and 2013 (A Tale of Two Centuries).  I enjoyed them thoroughly, they were cute easy teen reads, with adventure, love, friendship, family!  Everything a cute easy light read needs!

The third book in the trilogy, My Not So Super Sweet Life, was a tad different from what I remember the first two being as.  At least, I don't think, the first two books had chapters in the point of view of male characters?

Anyway, this one switched chapter's off in the point of view of both Cat and Lucas, Cat's boyfriend (aka Lorenzo's doppelganger).  While I enjoyed it overall, I must say, I felt Lucas's point of view to be a tad unrealistic at times.  What the atcouple seems to forget is that they have only been together about six weeks, and act like they are the loves of each other's lives.  

At one point Lucas is surprised when Cat doesn't act a certain way about a situation, because he thought he knew all of her by now, but I kind of just thought to myself, "Of course, you don't know all the sides of her after only six weeks!"  

That's the problem with teen love!  They don't realize that you learn something new about partner everyday!  That will most likely never stop!  Especially not in the first couple of years!  The new things learns just become fewer and fewer inbetween as time goes by together.
 
But other than that, it was cute! I'd definitely recommend it to the younger teen readers, possibly 13 and up!  I think they will enjoy this one definitely!  This series involves history (16th century stuff! It's more prominent in the first two though), love, friendship, art, family drama, and self discovery.  

The characters have all come a long way, so it's great to finally have an ending to a fun cute series!

Overall rating:


It's not officially out until this Tuesday (April 21st), but in the mean time (over the next two days) :), you should go check out the first two books in the series, and definitely read those before reading My Not So Super Sweet Life!  You can get your copies of the first book, My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century at Amazon or Barnes and Noble, and A Tale of Two Centuries either at Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

So I hope everyone is having a lovely Easter Sunday! :)

Talk to you all later!! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick