Guest Review from Erin: Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas (ARC)


So I am a HUGE fan of Sarah J. Maas!  She is one of my all-time favorite authors and the Throne of Glass series is one of my all-time favorite series!  Seriously! I will automatically buy anything she writes! I love her!

From Goodreads:



Lost and broken, Celaena Sardothien’s only thought is to avenge the savage death of her dearest friend: as the King of Adarlan’s Assassin, she is bound to serve this tyrant, but he will pay for what he did. Any hope Celaena has of destroying the king lies in answers to be found in Wendlyn. Sacrificing his future, Chaol, the Captain of the King’s Guard, has sent Celaena there to protect her, but her darkest demons lay in that same place. If she can overcome them, she will be Adarlan’s biggest threat – and his own toughest enemy. 

While Celaena learns of her true destiny, and the eyes of Erilea are on Wendlyn, a brutal and beastly force is preparing to take to the skies. Will Celaena find the strength not only to win her own battles, but to fight a war that could pit her loyalties to her own people against those she has grown to love?

Erin's Thoughts:

For a while now, I've been hearing about people who got to read Heir of Fire early and was super jealous of them, so when I happened to get an ARC of Heir of Fire, I was beyond excited!! I still can't believe that I got it and it makes me crazy happy.  Needless to say, Heir of Fire was amazing! I was expecting it to be incredible and I was not disappointed!

Heir of Fire follows three major storylines -- one with Celaena, one with Chaol and Dorian, and one with Manon! In book 3, you get a whole bunch of new characters --- Rowan, Sorscha, and Manon -- that are just as awesome Celaena, Chaol, and Dorian.  Sarah J. Maas is seriously so good with characters! They're so real and full of personality and feeling that you root for them no matter what.  In addition to this new cast of characters, we get to see a lot more of the world that Celaena is in -- the two previous books was set in King's castle, but Heir of Fire is set in multiples places that we've never seen before! We also get to learn more about Celaena's heritage and the potential  she has to change the world.  With Chaol and Dorian, you see them witness their struggle with the King and with Manon, the world of witches and training wyverns (dragon-like beasts) in a plot with the King! That's a really bad overview of the book but I don't think I can explain the magicalness of Sarah J. Maas!!  Definitely a highly recommended read!!

Overall Rating:


I would give this book/series like a million bookies if I could because that's just how amazing they are!! Eeek! I guess the only thing I'm upset about is that I'm going to have to wait another whole year to read the fourth! Aaah!! I can only imagine what's going to happen!

And if you didn't know already, the Throne of Glass series is a six-book series!!! Super exciting for us readers! We have three whole books to look forward to in the coming years! And also, if you haven't heard, Sarah J. Maas is going to be releasing a new series in 2015 called A Court of Thorns and Roses! Doesn't that just sound beautiful?  Anyways, it's a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, Tam-Lin, and East of the SunWest of the Moon (you can look it up for the synopsis!!!)!!!  Ugh, I seriously cannot wait for this one either!!

Heir of Fire came out on September 2nd of this Fall!! If you haven't read Sarah J. Mass, I highly recommend that you do!  She's an amazing writer and I cannot explain to you how much I love her and her books!! Sorry for sounding like such a weirdo, but I hope you'll understand (especially if you've read her books!!!) :D

Erin @The Romance Bookie  :)

Comments

  1. Sarah Maas is a goddess in disguise. She's such a phenomenal writer! I'm glad you enjoyed Heir of Fire.Can't wait for a Court of Thorns and Roses either! :)

    Daphne @ Reading Until Dawn

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick