Tuesday Tunes #2: Tunes from Disneyland and Disney World

Hey Everyone!!

I cannot get my trip to Disneyland out of my head! I want to go back!!!  My husband literally just thought about throwing away all our responsibilities and going back for the day...and we live over two hours away!  But you know responsibilities and money management need to take priority today...and probably for the next few weeks.

But for this weeks Tuesday Tunes, I am picking songs that play around the park.


A particular favorite of mine is a song that only plays in Tomorrowland at Disneyland, but has its own ride at Disney World, called "The Carousel of Progress".  It's one of my husband and my favorite rides!  

The song is called "There is a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow", and I constantly sing this song around the house, and especially around the parks, when I'm skipping around in my happy place.


Right now is Halloween time in the park, which means that the Haunted Mansion is decorated for both Halloween and Christmas, in the theme of Nightmare Before Christmas.  I believe I'm in the minority when I say that I am actually not a big fan of the Halloween/Christmas time at the Haunted Mansion.  I love the original!  Plus I'm overall not a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas.  But for my second song this week, my song is the Haunted Mansion song...



My favorite part of this song is when you see the talking heads singing in the graveyard.  I swear one of those faces is Walt Disney himself!  One of them also looks like Leslie Nielsen, but that one is probably less likely 🤣.  Right now there faces are covered up with pumpkins, which also sing, but it just isn't the same.  

Right now Disneyland is also celebrating the Haunted Mansion's 50th anniversary!  So you'll find some really cool limited edition Disney merchandise throughout the parks, and in stores around the country!  Hot Topic and Box Lunch both have exclusive Pop Vinyl's that came out in honor of the Haunted Mansion!  

My collection

Unfortunately Madame Leota has been the most difficult to find.  Her regular Funko sold out in stores within a couple of days, and a Glow-in-the-Dark version that came out exclusively to D23, with the left overs going to Disneyland sold out within a few hours in the Park.

I love Constance though!  The Bride in the Haunted Mansion is one of my favorite parts, besides the talking heads!  And her part is gone too right now, replaced by Nightmare Before Christmas stuff.

And then of course a trip to Disneyland wouldn't be complete without a visit to...




"Pirates of the Caribbean"!

This ride has also changed a bit over the years.  They took out the maiden auction, because it was "offensive" to some parents out there 🙄.  Because you know, historical accuracy can't play a roll in a children's ride...  But this song, gets stuck in my head.  I don't even have to be hearing it yet; I'll get in line and automatically just start singing it!

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to go start my day by dreaming about sipping mint juleps, instead of meetings with my accountant.  *sigh*

The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick