What's Not to Love by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka

 Hello Everyone!

I finally finished a book that I truly truly enjoyed! I'm so excited!

This is a new one, that was just released last month!  It's called What's Not to Love and it's by the authors Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegemund-Broka!  Who are a real life couple and this book, I believe, is semi-based on their life! :)

From Goodreads:


An academic enemies-to-lovers YA with all the nerdy drama, high school antics, and heart pounding romance of the Netflix original series Never Have I Ever.

Since high school began, Alison Sanger and Ethan Molloy have competed on almost everything. AP classes, the school paper, community service, it never ends. If Alison could avoid Ethan until graduation, she would. Except, naturally, for two over-achieving senior with their sights on valedictorian and Harvard, they share all the same classes and extracurriculars.  So when their school's principal assigns them the task of co-planning a previous class's ten-year reunion, with the promise of a recommendation for Harvard if they do, Ethan and Alison are willing to endure one more activity together if it means beating the other out of the lead. 
But with all this extra time spent in each other's company, their rivalry begins to feel closer to friendship. And as tension between them builds, Alison fights the growing realization that the only thing she wants more than winning....is Ethan.

My Thoughts:

So this one was recommended by Sara over at What a Nerd Girl Says on Instagram!  It caught my attention because I'm really into contemporary YA novels right now, and this one is semi-loosely based on the love story of the actual authors, and when I read the description, I was like "That is so cute!" Before I continue, I just have to say, I'm not actually sure why the first sentence in the Goodreads description compared the book to the Netflix show Never Have I Ever, because besides taking place in high school and being contemporary (I guess) there are no similarities.

Any-whoo. I really really liked this one! It was cute! I loved the characters development!  Alison, while being really blunt, realizes her mistakes almost right away after making them, and that is something I don't think you see very often in characters.  Ethan was intriguing, charismatic, and incredibly smart like Alison.  I wish we got more background on his story, but overall I loved his and Alison's dynamic!  The hate-to-love thing has been done before, but this one was super cute!  

Overall Rating:


I really enjoyed this one, and have already ordered there other three books that they wrote together! So reviews will be coming soon for those hopefully! I definitely recommend this one if you're in the mood for a cute contemporary romance, with high school drama, friendship, and a great character dynamic!

You can get your copy from Mysterious GalaxyAmazonBarnes and Noble, and I'm sure most other places books are sold!


The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick