Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

This book caught my eyes a couple of months ago because of Goodreads.  Then I read a quote from Simone Elkeles describing Catching Jordan as "A Must Read!" which you know, being said by Simone Elkeles has got to mean something, right??? Well, let me say this: HELL YES!!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK SOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! The writing style reminded of Kody Keplinger with a mixture of Simone Elkeles; both of whom are two of my ABSOLUTE favorite authors!!

I think this book has made it into my top ten favorites! Which I know I enjoy many books, but this one I can already tell I will be picking up again (or should I say loading again, ha ha, since it's on my Kindle), and reading again.  The story was REALLY CUTE and refreshing, because while it was a cute teen book, it had a Kick-ass main character, who I absolutely want to meet!!!  LOL.  Dang, I wish it were possible to meet characters in books!!


Anyway, so here's a short summary:
Jordan is a seventeen years old senior at her high school, wanting nothing more than to follow her dream...play football at Alabama State.  She's the captain and Quarterback of her high school football, and while she has gained the respect of all of her teammates, the same can not really be said about her fellow female classmates.  Jordan, who has famous football playing dad, has grown up in a household dedicated to football.  Yet at the same time, Jordan can't help wondering, Why isn't her dad supporting her??
While dealing with football, her teammates, and best friend, Jordan is also having to deal with the fact that she's never been kissed, never had a boyfriend.  Sure, the guys are interested, but she doesn't want to date anyone from her team, and she hasn't really someone she can see herself being with...or so she thinks.
When the new kid moves to town, Jordan definitely notices, along with the entire single female population at her high school.  Will Jordan get the guy? Or will she realize that there's been someone in front of her all along that she least expected?

Read Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally to find out!! :)

I'm really serious though, READ IT!! Jordan is an amazing character.  She tells it like it is, believes in her dreams, doesn't give up, and doesn't back down when others tell her it's impossible.  I couldn't sleep last night, and picked up my Kindle and just could not stop reading!!  I've been up since 2:30 a.m.!!!   I loved everything about this book! :)
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick