The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal Review

The Lifeguard by Deborah Blumenthal (publication date expected for March 1st, 2012, however on Amazon I guess it is already ready to order??) is my idea of a cute summer read for the beach.

It was very simply written.  Not an amazing story, but a cute one that kept me entertained for the most part.  I got a little confused sometimes, because the story seemed to switch at random places (but then again I don't know my Kindle was playing mind games with me haha).

Sirena is spending her summer at her aunt's house in Rhode Island.  Her parents are getting a divorced, and while they are taking care of settling, selling their house, find their own places to live, they send Sirena away, so she won't have to witness the fighting.

In Rhode Island Sirena meets Pilot, who she instantly falls for (and I mean INSTANTLY!!!).  He sounds hot, with his blonde muscular lifeguard build (I imagined Alex Pettyfer from Beastly and I am Number Four).  When Sirena has an accident while swimming in the ocean, she finds out there might be more to Pilot then she could ever have imagined.

Like I said it was a cute simple story.  However, Sirena's character got a little annoying for me sometimes.  I understand she was going through a tough time, but I thought she got a little too obsessive when it came to Pilot.

Overall Rating:


Overall, if you're looking for a cute easy summer read, then might be the book for you! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick