Reading Update

Hey everyone!

So this week is a little hectic, in a good way.  I've got family in town and we are having a blast!  I got to go whale watching last week (didn't see any whales ;(, but a TON of dolphins and seals), I got to do a little bit of shopping and bought a fabulous top at H&M for $10!!, and I got to go to beautiful Santa Barbara yesterday, and do a little shopping on States St.

Well anyway, let me continue by saying I HAVE been reading!! However, the book I finished reading I will most likely not do a review on, because it COMPLETELY different from what I review here.  I may still change my mind, but it's going to be WAY different!  The book is called The Psychopath Test and it's by Jon Ronson, the author of the book version of The Men Who Stare at Goats (you may have heard or seen the movie with George Clooney, Ewan McGregor, and Jeff Bridges).  But anyway the book is EXTREMELY interesting, real, and normally not something I read, but for some reason this book has kept me extremely intrigued.  It is so interesting!

However, to continue...some of you may remember The List from a few weeks ago, well, while some things disappeared on that list, more have added, and now I've actually come to the point where I have had to turn down a few review requests.  I don't like doing that, but I have realized that unless the book is something that I 100% find interesting (which to be considered interested it must either be:
1. A sequel of a book I read the first one from
2. A book by one of my favorite authors: Meg Cabot, Simone Elkeles, Sarah Dessen, Kody Keplinger, Cassandra Clare, etc.
3. a Contemporary Teen Romance Novel
4. or something that intrigues me so much, I just can't say no!

So to let you know how the updated list looks:

Along with This List, I've also got these shelves:
Unread #1

Unread #2 (there is a whole row of unread books behind this row)
Pretty crazy right??

I'm looking forward to reading all of these books! It's just all about time! 

So anyway, that's the update for this week! :)

Happy Friday!
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick