See! Your voice can be heard!! :)

Hey everyone!!

Today is an awesome day!! First off, I want to say a HUGE thank you to my followers! I have officially hit the 100 MARK!!! YAY!!  I know people say followers shouldn't matter to a blogger, well, if I am honest they do mean a lot to me, because I like to think that at least a few of those people read my blog regularly!

The Romance Bookie, so far, has been such a fun awesome experience, that I feel so extremely lucky to have had!  THANK YOU!!!

And for more good news,  in honor of this big mark, like I promised back in February, after I went to Passion and Prose, I am going to be posting a giveaway VERY SOON!!! So keep an eye on that!  I do have to warn you, it is something very small, but something VERY AWESOME!!, so I hope you all enter!!

In the next couple of months there will also be coming some SUPER AWESOME giveaways during the Meg-A Readers Blog Hop! so also keep your eyes open for that! :)

But anyway!!

Here's another awesome thing that happened today!!

Some of you may remember when a few weeks ago I expressed my concern with reading audience of The Hunger Games Trilogy (you can that post HERE!)

Well, anyway, in the post I talked about how a very young audience is reading the novels.  For those of us who have read the series, most of us, I would expect, would agree that the series is very mature.  So you would expect it to be read by more mature readers right?  Well, unfortunately it's not.

I have a ten year old brother; and for the past few months he has been bringing home Scholastic Book Order forms, where they are selling the series at a fairly affordable price...which you know is great, for us older readers...but is it great for those young elementary school kids?  No, I don't think so!

WELL ANYWAY, to make a long story short, I believe I mentioned in that Hunger Games post that I sent an email to Scholastic complaining about them featuring the series in an elementary school book order form.

And even though they never replied, I did find something fairly exciting today when I opened up this months book order form...

Okay, so I know you can't see it!  And it is REALLY small!! But you know it's better than nothing...at least.  And at least, for the parents that actually care what their children read, it will inform and warn them that this series may not be appropriate for them...

Here's what it say under each Hunger Games product: "Recommended for mature readers grades 6 and up.  Contains mature themes more suitable for older readers."

!!!!!

I don't know why, but when I saw this I felt proud!  I felt proud for all those concerned parents who have spoken up and said, they DO NOT want these books to be offered to their young children!

I just read an article a few days ago, where EVEN Suzanne Collins (THE AUTHOR!!!) said herself, she never expected this series to be for such young readers.  It's about WAR!! And children KILLING children!!

So overall, what my point is for this post is that even though you may not believe so, speaking out CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!! Let your voice be heard!! If we join forces anything is possible!! :)

Thanks everyone!
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick