Beautiful Beginning (#3.5 in Beautiful Bastard Series)

***WARNING***ADULT CONTENT INVOLVING INAPPROPRIATE SUBJECTS FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18!!!***

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!

This is a bittersweet moment...in one sense it's exciting to read the conclusion of a series, just because it's nice to add that final book to your collection on your bookshelf; but at the same time it's sad to say goodbye to characters you've slowly begun to know as friends...maybe that's just me though!

I love getting to know characters, and Christina Lauren's Beautiful Bastard series was no exception!

From Goodreads:

Love that Cover!
Back when not being able to stand each other also meant not being able to keep their hands off each other in Beautiful Bastard, neither Bennett nor Chloe could have seen this day coming.

An exasperated bride who just wants to elope. A determined groom whose only focus is getting to the wedding night. And—of course—a whole lot of name calling.


My Thoughts:

This series started off with the stories of Bennett and Chloe, so I feel it is only fitting for it to end with the first part of their story's end.  

Chloe is a strong independent woman, who I have had quite a bit of respect for since the beginning of the series, just because of her strong will to not give in to other people's actions.  Bennett is just plain sexy!  He's successful, and absolutely adores Chloe.

While thing after thing just keeps going wrong throughout the planning and even on the day of their wedding, Chloe and Bennett still know that nothing can stop the feelings they feel for each other! NOTHING!  Not even tire marks over the Maid of Honor's dress!

Overall rating:

While I have adored this series, and this book, I will admit of one thing that sort of bothered me in this one...the way Bennett and Chloe spoke to each other a lot of the times in the heat of the moment.  Yes that's just the way speak to each other, and have throughout all the books, but sometimes I honestly wanted to hear more romance in their words.  All that "Fucking" and "Suck my cock" got to be a little much for me.  I like that cheesy romance sometimes, so I thought it got to start sounding just a tad too dirty for me.  Once in a while, sure, add a little excitement into the relationship, but ALL the Time?  It was just a tad too much for me at times.  

Other than that, great characters, and a great conclusion to a great series! Definitely recommend it!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick