The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Movie Review

Hey Everyone!

So I saw Catching Fire on Saturday!!

From IMDB


And let me just start by saying it was amazing!

Description and image above from IMDB:


Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark become targets of the Capitol after their victory in the 74th Hunger Games sparks a rebellion in the Districts of Panem.


My Thoughts:

I read Catching Fire early late 2011, and honestly thought of it as my favorite book in the Hunger Games Trilogy!  I thought it had the best story line, the best adventure, and the most going on.
The movie was no exception!  Jennifer Lawrence did an amazing job, once again, as Katniss Everdeen! I loved the new editions to the cast! One of my favorites was hands down Jena Malone as Johanna. She had some of the best rebellious quotes toward the Capitol!  I don't if it was me, but I don't really remember the tributes of the Quarter Quell rebelling against the Capitol; but Johanna definitely didn't hold back! Loved that! I found myself routing for her time and time again!

The arena was awesome!  I feel like the director Francis Lawrence (also the director of Water for Elephants) did a fabulous job bringing Suzanne Collins world to life! Absolutely lovely!

While a few small details were different, nothing huge stuck out to me!  The only thing, I'll be honest that I noticed they changed was...And sorry if this is a spoiler...but in the book Katniss lost a leg or foot I believe, and woke up with a prothetic.  In the movie she got to keep her legs! But that was so minor, and probably a cosmetic image thing for Jennifer Lawrence that they just couldn't do that to her character's image probably, I'm assuming.

Overall rating:

Five Mookies!! Can't wait to see it again in fact!

I will admit though, I'm not looking forward to much to Mockingjay Part 1 or Part 2!  First off, WHY do they have split this book into TWO movies?? Just because Harry Potter and Twilight did it, doesn't mean they have to!  Plus, both Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows AND Breaking Dawn were boht over 700 pages long! Mockingjay is only like 350 pages! Plus I honestly thought not too much happened in the beginning of that one!

Second, though I'll be honest here and say once again, I wasn't a huge fan of the ending to this series.  I thought the third book was slow, and had quite a few things happen that just absolutely PISSED ME OFF!

Of course, I'll be still in theater along with everyone else next November and November 2015, but I won't as excited as I was for this or the first one.

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Good review. Though this was good, I can't help but get a bit more excited for what's next to come of this story and these characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the movie was a little better than The Hunger Games but it suffered from the same issues: slow pacing and not enough actual hunger games.

    i did love Johanna though! she kicks butt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Minor details matter! But well, we have to watch the movie anyway :P It hasn't been released in India yet. Waiting waiting :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good review. I don't remember that about the foot from the book but I read it a long time ago. I read some article recently that listed 10 scenes/parts the movie cut out though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was Peeta who lost a limb, and I thought their cute trip for the Capitol cameras was because he had to get used to using his prosthetic leg in the snow. Katniss had damage to her ear corrected.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick