Movie Review: Divergent

Hey Everyone!!

Here's another movie review!!

So again, just like The Maze Runner which I reviewed today as well, we watched Divergent for Christmas!  Now, I actually saw this one when it was in theaters, but for some reason I guess I completely forgot to review it!

Description and picture from IMDb:


In a world divided by factions based on virtues, Tris learns she's Divergent and won't fit in. When she discovers a plot to destroy Divergents, Tris and the mysterious Four must find out what makes Divergents dangerous before it's too late.


My Thoughts:

Just like the first time, the second time I saw Divergent it was still really good!  We actually own this one now, it was a Christmas present, so I can watch whenever!!

Anyway, another Dystopian, where I couldn't get into the book.  To be fair, I may have not been in the mind set when I first started reading this one, but I also own it on Audiobook, so maybe one day I'll give it another chance!

The movie, on the other hand, is really great! I love the concept of a world split into different sanctions. I wouldn't want to live like that, but the concept is none-the-less very interesting!  Tris, played by Shailene Woodley (The Fault in Our Stars and The Secret Life of an American Teenager) does a great job playing someone who is very scared but pretending to be very brave.  Such a great character!

Four, played by Theo James (Underworld: The Awakening) was another great character! Both him and Shailene are who made this movie this amazing!

Overall rating:

Again not a movie I would watch over and over again, only because of the seriousness of the storyline, but this a really good movie! I definitely recommend this one, even if you're not a dystopian fan!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I haven't seen the movie. My reaction to the book was,"okay, but I won't bother with the sequels." As for the virtues, it ade me think of Hogwarts houses, only the villains are the Ravenclaws. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the books and the movie a lot :) can't wait for Insurgent, it's out in March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the book as well. Need to read the others.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick