Movie Review: The Maze Runner

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

Wow, I can't believe it's already Christmas!! 2014 is almost over!! I just can't wrap my head around it!

So my family has a tradition, where every year for Christmas Day we spend the day in our PJs watching movies all day and eating left overs from our Christmas Eve/my mom's birthday party.  

So we first started the day with The Maze Runner, which yes I will admit, I have not read the book.  I know, I know, that is probably pretty terrible for some of you, but honestly while I'm not a huge fan of Dystopian books, I've read quite a few and just can't get into them, I still enjoy watching the movie adaptations.  

So for my review, because I haven't read the book, I am solely going to base it on my opinion of the movie, with absolutely no bias toward the book!


Description and picture from IMDb:



Thomas is deposited in a community of boys after his memory is erased, soon learning they're all trapped in a maze that will require him to join forces with fellow "runners" for a shot at escape.

My Thoughts:

While I am not a dystopian fan, I actually honestly really enjoyed this one!!  I don't know what it is, but I can never really get into the stories when I am reading these types of stories, but when it comes to the movies I really like them!

Thomas, played by Dylan O'Brien (Teen Wolf and The Internship), did a great job in the role!  The cinematography was done beautifully!  The maze, the effects...all of it was done very well!

Now to the story...now let me be straight, while I did enjoy it a lot, it is still not a movie I would be watching all the time.  I've seen it and now I'm good.  It had a great storyline, and action, and everything, but I am a romantic comedy type of person.  This is not the type of movie I would replay and watch over and over again.

Now, that has nothing to do with the movie itself, but all to do with my taste in movies.  Which is probably the main reason why I can never get into these types of books.  It's easier to watch a two hour movie, than read a book for days.

So overall rating:


Four Mookies :).  Great and highly recommended movie! Even for those not into dystopian books!  Definitely check it out, if you get the chance!

Hope everyone is having a great Holiday Season! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Are "Mookies" like "bookies"? :)
    I really liked this one and want to read the books, I just haven't had time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick