Our Favorite Books of 2014!

Hey Everyone!

Erin and I both can't believe this year is already over!! It feels like just yesterday that we were ringing in the new year for 2014!  But now it's pretty much 2015!!!!!

So to end 2014 with a bang, Erin and I both have compiled our own lists of our favorite books of 2014!!!


So first off, here's my list:

Because I couldn't decide in what order I wanted the book list to go, I've decided to order it from what I read first to last.

1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell (2012 Release)

From Goodreads

2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (2007 Release)


From Goodreads

3.  Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

4.  Cress by Marissa Meyer (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

5.  All Lined Up by Cora Carmack (2014 Release)

From Goodreads
6. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare (2014 Release)

From Goodreads
7. Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

8. Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

9. The Land of Stories: The Wishing Spell by Chris Colfer (2012 Release)

From Goodreads
10. Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

Now to Erin's List!

1. Cress by Marissa Meyer

From Goodreads

The third book in The Lunar Chronicles! Cinder and Scarlet were fantastic books and Cress is no different! I love Marissa Meyer, love her!  She is such an amazing writer and I absolutely recommend everything that she writes (which is actually just The Lunar Chronicles so far, but there are more books to come!).  The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favorite series of all time, so I definitely suggest to everyone!

2. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas


Another one of my favorite authors ever! Heir of Fire is the latest book in the Throne of Glass series and definitely lives up to all the hype it's been getting.  I don't know how to explain how much I love this book and this series and Sarah J. Maas.  I actually saw Heir of Fire at the bookstore earlier today and even though I already have a copy, I was really tempted to buy it again!

3. Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo 

From Goodreads

The last book in the Grisha Trilogy! Wow! Seriously, Leigh Bardugo is a genius! Ruin and Rising has got to be the best ending to a series I've ever read! It was so good, sooooo good! It was so intense and I still get shivers when I think about it! Absolutely amazing!!!


4. Fiendish by Brenna Yovanoff

From Goodreads
The most unexpected awesome book I read this year! I totally didn't anticipate myself loving this book this much, but it was a great surprise! Fiendish is an amazing book and I can't wait to read more of Brenna Yovanoff's work!

5. Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater

From Goodreads
As if I hadn't talked about Maggie Stiefvater enough...But I can't not include Blue Lily, Lily Blue in this list! Ugh, it's so good! I'm totally obsessed over it. The Raven Cycle is such a unique story with incredibly real characters and everything just gets better and better with each book!!

6. Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

An awesome new high fantasy series!! I had been looking forward to this book for a long time and very lucky for me, it did not disappoint!!  It's crazy good!! And the mystery aspect of who the prince is and who the assassin is, is so cool and so unique!

7. Atlantia by Ally Condie (2014 Release)

From Goodreads

Atlantia is a beautifully written book! I love the underwater world that Ally Condie created and I feel the writing is so poetic and lyrical without sacrificing story or getting really wordy and introspective.

8. Defy by Sara B. Larson

From Goodreads

Yet another high fantasy book that I loved this year! It's got action, it's got romance, and awesome characters! I'm super excited that the sequel, Ignite, is coming out next week! Next week, guys!! I'm so excited to read it!!!!

9. Plus One by Elizabeth Fama

From Goodreads

Based on the cover of this book, I wanted this book to be awesome -- and it was! I love this book! It's really different from what I expected, but in a good way! I love the characters Sol and D'arcy so much!!  I really wish/hope there's going to be a sequel! Crossing my fingers!!!

10.  Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi (2014 Release)

From Goodreads
The Under the Never Sky series is one of my favorites! While the first book (Under the Never Sky) is for sure my favorite of the series, Into the Still Blue is awesome! But I can't believe the series is now over! I'm going to miss this series a lot! I love this book and series and I really really recommend to everyone! *sigh* Now I'm getting a real itch to reread these books!



So there's our lists of our favorite books of 2014!

Mandy & Erin @The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick