Guest Review from Erin: Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater

All right!! The third book in the Maggie Stiefvater AMAZING Raven Cycle Series!!  This review is going to be short and sweet cause...well, it's just beyond words!!! The Raven Cycle is ABSOLUTELY one of my favorite series ever and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to anyone!!! Seriously, you will not regret it!!!

From Goodreads:



There is danger in dreaming. But there is even more danger in waking up.

Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs.

The trick with found things though, is how easily they can be lost.

Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.

Erin's Review:

Let's start with Gansey.  AAAAHHHH!!! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!! He is hands down my favorite male character, especially as a romantic interest.  I don't know what it is about him. I love that he has insomnia, I love that he's completely obsessed with finding his Welsh king, I love that he wears glasses, I love that he is so poised and charismatic.  I could go on and on and on!  You get the point.  Really, I can't pinpoint exactly what it is I love so much about him, but when you read it, you'll understand my obsession!!!

And like I said before, Maggie Stiefvater has this amazing, beautiful way of writing that isn't too embellished or anything.  GOSH! I don't know how she does it!!! The writing is quirky and weird without being so quirky and weird that you get sick of it and start rolling your eyes, nor is it over the top, like it's trying to be weird.  She is out of this world!!!

Her characters are SO real.  The way they talk, the way they think, the way they move is all so natural. I've read a lot of books where, especially the dialogue or narration, seems a bit false or forced to me, like do people really think like that???  But the way Gansey, Ronan, Blue, and Adam act and talk, as well as any other characters, are completely real.  Their conversations sound exactly like what you'd expect to hear if you were hanging out with your friends or something.

And I can say without hesitation that The Raven Cycle is one of the most unique stories I have EVER read! I mean it.  It's not like anything -- like, I really don't think I would be able to compare this book to any other.  It's based on Welsh mythology (but note: it's not a retelling of a myth, it just uses influences and touches), but other than that -- completely original! So, if you're looking for something incredibly unique to read, read The Raven Cycle, and even if you're not and just are looking for a good book to read, this is your book!!!

Honestly, I don't want to say too much about Blue Lily, Lily Blue because I feel like the only way I would be able talk about it, is to completely give it away and I don't want to do that.  Of course, this really limits what I can say... How about this?  If you've loved the first two books, you will not be disappointed with this one!! If anything, you'll be impressed and in utter awe (like moi)!!!

Overall rating:

The Raven Cycle is my favorite series by Maggie Stiefvater.  Please, please, please give this a read, if nothing else!! I really can't put into words how much I love this series.  I love absolutely everything about it: the covers, the titles, the books themselves!!!! I'm so sad that I'll have to wait yet another year for the next book to come out and it's also upsetting that it's the last book in the series.  But either way, I cannot wait to read it! I'm sure I'll be blown away by it!  That's how confident I am!! I keep saying this but they are HANDS DOWN some of the best books ever!!! Thanks for listening to, or rather, reading my crazy obsession with Maggie Stiefvater and these books (and sorry, cause it turned out to be more of a review of the Raven Cycle more than Blue Lily, Lily Blue!!! :D

Erin @The Romance Bookie :)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick