BREAKING DAWN REVIEW!!!!

Okay people, it's happened!  I've officially gone off the deep end...I think I'm officially obsessed...to the point of insanity!!  Wow, wow, WOW!!!  I don't even know what to say.

My stomach is still completely jittery with excitement, and anticipation to see what happens next.  SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT, WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXXXXXTTT NOVEMBER TO SEE PART 2!!! ARE YOU TRYING TO TORTURE US????

Ok...rewind!! Let me start at the beginning!

My love for The Twilight Saga began in September of 2008, my senior year in high school.  I actually first thought Twilight was a story about Snow White...not even kidding!  I mean, the whole apple on the cover through me off a bit, but believe I understand it now :).  I actually also read Twilight before I knew there was going to be a movie (I wasn't really into the whole Hollywood news at the time, so had no idea that the movie was due out in November), but as soon as I read the first book, I checked it out on Wikipedia (YES, I use wikipedia! It's my #1 go-to site!) and was SUPER excited to learn there was in fact going to be a movie.

Anyway...when I started reading Twilight, right away from after I finished that first chapter, I was hooked!  I ended up annoying my mom, because I NEEDED to get that next book!!  I had to wait about TWO whole days before we got to our nearest book store so I could buy it.  I was super stupid, and ended up only buying the second one, and not the third one right away, so of course when I finished the second, I made my mom drive me again to get the third, and this time I was smart enough to finally buy the last one too.

So to make a long story short, I read the entire series in less than two weeks.  I just couldn't put these books down, and even started getting a bit hostile, when my family told me to put down my book.  I just wanted to know what happened.  I would take it with me everywhere! 

(Side Story):  I just have to add this story, because it's to show you just how gone I was while I reading this series.  This story is hilarious and super embarrassing!! : So while I was reading Twilight, I seriously one night slept walked!  I seriously semi-remember what I was doing, but didn't at the same time! It was the weirdest thing ever! I had NEVER slept walked before! But I seriously "woke up" one night, grabbed my pillow, and the Twilight book sitting next to my bed, and walked into the living room!  My mom had to guide me back to my bed!

There is just something about these books that has got me under its claw.  I somehow can't help but protect the books every time I hear someone tell me how terrible they think they are. 

Believe me, I know the difference between reality and fantasy, but there is just something so amazing about that feeling I get when I read Bella and Edward's love story.  I mean, personally, I wouldn't want to marry a vampire, for me it was always that old-fashioned charm.  I'm a total sucker for stories like that...there's a reason why I'm the Romance Bookie, after all ;). 

I know people think Stephenie Meyer is a terrible writer, that the stories are completely unoriginal, that she ruined vampires, that vampires don't stinking sparkle!!  But this is what I have to say to that:  Imagination!  Do people have no sense of appreciating something new!  Do we only want to read the same stories over and over again??  I sure don't! Stephenie had a dream, and she made it a phenomenon...how many people can say they've done that.

I always tell people, when they ask if I like Twilight or Harry Potter better, that for me there is no comparison, other than the fact that both series are phenomenons.  I tell them that Harry Potter is what I grew into a teenager with, and Twilight is what I came into my adult age with.  They both have a small spot in my heart, that will always be with me.  Both series, and a couple of individual books, are the reason why I love to read so much, they changed me, and helped me grow into the person I am today.

So now, to today.  As some of you may have noticed, with the countdown on here, I have been waiting a LONG time for this day.  Tonight, the wait was FINALLY over!  I got to see The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1.  I went into that theater feeling that same anticipation I have had before every Twilight and Harry Potter movie, wondering, "Will it live up to the book?", "Please don't let me come out of that theater disappointed!!".  Well, as you may have already noticed, I definitely did not come out of that theater disappointed!  In fact, I still have butterflies in my stomach!  This movie was more than I could have ever imagined!  I don't think there is one thing I would change about it!  If you've read the book and liked it, I believe you are going to love it! 

There were so many things, as I was reading this book, where it kept me wondering, "How on earth are they going to do that in the movie??" and well, Bill Condon did it! 

Jeez, sorry again for a long random post haha.  I love having a place to describe this stuff to :); it's good getting it out there, and being able to say how I feel. :)

Thanks for reading!
The Romance Bookie :)

PS: Here's the trailer again! 


OH and PPS:  I definitely don't recommend anyone under the age of 14 to be able to see this movie! It is intense! A lot of blood! Just a warning!

Comments

  1. I agree! I thought the movie could have been a little bit better, but the birth scene and the ending were pretty good. When I got home I went onto IMDb to see when part 2 is coming out, and it's not until 11/16/12!!! Gah. But apparently Eclipse came out in June 2010 :) so this is less time between movies.

    My "Twilight story" is that a friend of mine gave me the 2nd book for my birthday, I think sophomore year of college (2007) and I hadn't read the first book yet. I read both and was hooked! When book 4 came around, it was the summer after I graduated, and I went to buy it at Borders, so I ended up owning books 2 and 4. One of my friends knew this, so for Xmas one year she bought me books 1 and 3! So now I own the whole series :). In a weird twist of events, I own movies 1 and 3 now too - 2 was not my favorite, 1 I bought, and 3 I won on Blu-Ray. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just loved it so much! The fourth book has always been my absolute favorite, probably because it has the overall happy ending. Since this is the beginning of the end, it was just such an adventure watching it. I had those moments where I felt as shocked sometimes as I was reading it, and I loved that! This was definitely my favorite movie so far.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick