Just One Night (Just One Day #2.5) by Gayle Forman (Novella Review)

Happy Sunday Everyone!

So very recently, in fact I believe earlier this week, I came across a post from Gayle Forman, one of my favorite authors, where I shared a link to her new novella, Just One Night, which happened to be the continuation of Willem and Allyson's journey from her two previous books, Just One Day and Just One Year!

I, of course, had to get it immediately, because the ending for Just One Year, has always left so many unanswered questions!

From Goodreads:


After spending one life-changing day in Paris with laid-back Dutch actor Willem De Ruiter, sheltered American good girl Allyson “Lulu” Healey discovered her new lover had disappeared without a trace. Just One Day followed Allyson’s quest to reunite with Willem; Just One Year chronicled the pair’s year apart from Willem’s perspective. Now, back together at last, this delectable e-novella reveals the couple’s final chapter.

My Thoughts:

This novella actually came out this week on May 29th!  So it's still very new! In fact, so new, I had no idea Gayle Forman had been planning on writing a continuation!! 

I will be honest and say that at first when I heard about this, I thought it was a cop-out for all the fans complaining about the ending to Just One Year, because I thought she could have just added this all along to the end of Just One Year!  

But in the end I realized something...Just One Night needed to be it's own story.  Separated from its previous companions!

I loved both Just One Day and Just One Year! I loved the journey throughout Europe, India, and Mexico throughout both.  I loved the adventures of both travelings and living the unknown!  The journey both characters took both metaphorically and physically were two of my absolute favorite things about these books! There was just so much to love!

Overall rating:

 
Just One Night was beautiful!  Just the ending I needed for Just One Year!  I did feel, all in all, it was a little short, and a little rushed, that's why it got four instead of five bookie rating, but it gave us the readers the ending we ultimately wanted for both Willem and Allyson!  Plus there is always still the possibility for more, without giving us that cliffhanger ending.  

The novella is only about 40 pages, at least according to Goodreads, but it's a quick little romantic read!  It's only 99 cents on Amazon and Barnes and Noble! :)

Fans of the Just One Day series, and fans of Gayle Forman, should definitely check it out!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick