The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Movie Review)

Hey Everyone!!

I know I know, the last couple of months, barely anything in posting, and now for three days in a row, there have been posts?!! Well, I actually have an entire week off from one of my jobs, and am A TINY bit ahead with my homework, because that is how I do ;), so I've actually had a little bit of extra time!  Plus, I think I am getting my groove back when it comes to reading :).

Anyway, my mom and I went to see The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 this afternoon!!

From IMBD


I reviewed Mockingjay back in 2011, and didn't really know what to think of the end of the series.  To this day, I'm actually really curious as to know what was going through Suzanne Collin's head as she was finishing up the series.

One thing I was certain of though, before seeing the movie was how could they split a 300-something page book, where not much really happens in the first half, into TWO movies???

I mean, I get it! MONEY, MONEY!


That's life, unfortunately! We need money.  But seriously Hollywood??!!  You not only have to be greedy, but you also feel the need to string us along, and leave us hanging on a cliffhanger every time we think a series is finally coming to an end!!!!! (i.e. Harry Potter, Twilight, and The Hobbit are all perfect examples, of what I'm talking about!)

It is sick!

But...here's the thing...

After seeing Mockingjay Part 1, I will admit Lionsgate did an AMAZING job!

While the first half of the book, was extremely slow for me, the movie kept a great pace, and allowed the first half to come alive beautifully!

Once again, Jennifer Lawrence has amazed me!  I mean, seriously?! That woman is not only of the most gorgeous creatures on this planet, but also an absolutely stunning and amazing actress!!! She definitely deserved that Oscar!! What amazes me, is that she hasn't been nominated for The Hunger Games!! I mean, I know The Oscars tend to be biased and only nominate "Real" cinematic forms of art, or whatever BS they like to throw at us, but seriously Oscars!!! Get on board!!

Anyway, enough with the rants...on further with the review...

Seriously amazing!  Everything about it was great! The filming, the acting, the dialogue, the passion put into all the words...just absolutely beautiful!

While the book got Four Bookies from me, I would give the movie a rating of...


There isn't a thing I would change about it! Just absolutely great! I highly recommend it! I know the majority of the world, who is a fan of the series, has probably already seen it, but for those of you skeptical, like I was going in...WATCH IT!! :)


More later! :)

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Good review, I've been hearing mixed reviews so far. I did like it but it wasn't my favorite of the 3 movies so far, just like Mockingjay was not my favorite of the 3 books :). I thought they did pick a good cutoff point, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked the movie, I think the movies get better and better each time. And look that I never liked the books.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick