2015 Challenges!!

Hey Everyone!

Mandy & Erin here!

We're so excited to announce our 2015 Challenges that we will be participating in today!! It's going to be an exciting year, so these will make it even better!

For Mandy:

So first off, time to decide HOW MANY book I want to read at least by the end of 2015???!!!  Well, let's see...to be honest the only reason I was actually to complete my goal of 50 last year, was because I had reread ALL of the Princess Diaries books, which was like 13 or 14 books in a couple of weeks! So for 2015, because I won't, most likely, be rereading them AGAIN, except maybe #10, for when the new one comes out in June (EEEEE!!!!!!), I have decided to lower that goal a tad this year.  I know, I know, but to be fair, if I feel I am doing very well, I can always raise that goal later! But I know 2015 is going to be another intense, yet exciting year, because I will hopefully be transferring to University this year!!!  I know, it's about time, right? It's only been SIX years in community college! Dang it, for always needing at least two jobs to survive!!  But it's alright, it's been well worth it, and plus it nice to have at least a little bit of my own money :).

Anyway, so for 2015 my goal, for right now, is to read at least 35 books.  I know, I know, it's pretty low, but I don't want it to be a competition, plus I don't need the pressure in my life.  Reading is fun, and a pleasurable time for me, so I want to keep it that way! :)

For my second challenge, I'm participating in the 2015 Ebook Challenge!  Unfortunately, it's not being hosted by the same person as last year, but someone new has decided to take on the challenge! :)  So Here is the Link:

My Little Hearts Melody 2015 Ebook Challenge!


My goal for 2015 is to read 10 Ebooks! Since my main focus will be reading my most anticipated and getting books off of my TBR shelf, I don't want to make too high of a goal, but I think 10 will both be acceptable, yet still challenging, but also fun along the way! :)

Next! Okay, this one looks super exciting!!

I found it when googling 2015 Reading Challenges :).

So PopSugar is hosting the ultimate Reading challenge! A checklist of books to be read!!

I will cross a few of them off, because they just won't be possible, or I'm not interested in reading them, but for the most part I want to do most of these!!

So here is the Check List:

1.  A Book with more than 500 Pages
2. A Classic Romance  *
3.  A Book that Became a Movie
4. A Book published in 2015
5. A Book with a Number in the Title
6. A Book written by someone under the age of 30
7. A book with nonhuman characters
8. A Funny book
9. A book by a female author
10. A mystery or thriller
11. A book with a one-word title
12. A book of short stories
13. A book set in a different country
14. A nonfiction book  *
15. A popular author's first book
16. A book from an author you love, but haven't read yet
17. A book a friend recommended
18.  A Pulitzer Winning Book *
19. A book based on a true story  *
20.  A book on the bottom of your TBR pile
21. A book your mom loves
22. A book that scares you
23. A book more than a 100 years old  *
24. A book based entirely on its cover
25. A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't *
26. A memoir  *
27. A book you can finish in a day
28. A book with antonyms in the title
29. A book set somewhere you've wanted to visit
30. A book that came out the year you were born
31. A book with bad reviews
32. A trilogy
33. A book from your childhood
34. A book with a love triangle
35. A book set in the future
36. A book set in high school
37. A book with a color in the title
38. A book that made you cry
39.  A book with magic
40. A graphic novel
41. A book by an author you've never read before
42. A book you own but have never read
43. A book that takes place in your hometown  *
44. A book that was originally written in a different language
45. A book set during Christmas
46. A book written by an author with your initials (MR)
47.  A play *
48. A Banned book
49.  A book based or turned into a TV show
50. A book you started but never finished

Seems fun right! :)

*these are ones I won't be reading


And last,  My Readers Block is once again hosting the Mount TBR Reading Challenge, which I am super excited to participate in once again!


My goal is to reach the first level: Peak's Level, which is too read at least 12 books on my TBR shelf!

Here is a list of some the books on my shelf currently:

1.  Allie Finkle: Moving Day: Meg Cabot
2.  Fan Girl: Rainbow Rowell
3.  Dear Bully: Anthology
4.  Silence: Becca Fitzpatrick
5. Finale: "
6.  Sinner: Maggie Stiefvater
7.  Linger: "
8.  Forever: "
9.  Love the One You're With: Emily Giffin
10.  Heart of the Matter: "
11.  The One & Only: "
12.  Baby Proof:"
13.  Divergent: Veronica Roth
14.  Honey, Baby, Sweetheart: Deb Caletti
15.  Harbinger: Sara Etienne Wilson
16.  Ruthless: Sara Shepard
17.  Two Truths and a Lie: "
18.  Spells: Aprilynne Pike
19.  Illusions: "
20.  After: Amy Efaw
21.  Bewitching: Alex Flinn
22.  Beautiful Darkness: Margaret Stool and Kami Garcia
23.  Lone Wolf: Jodi Piccoult
24.  Between the Lines: "
25.  The Darkest Joy: Marata Eros
26.  A Terrible Love: "
27.  Not Exactly a Love Story: Audrey Couloumbis
28.  Conversations with a Fat Girl: Liza Palmer
29.  The Book Thief: Markus Zusak
30.  Take Me There: Susane Colasanti
31.  Torment: Lauren Kate
32.  A Lion Among Men: Gregory Maguire
33.  Son of a Witch: "
34.  Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister: "
35.  Getting Over Mr. Right: Chrissie Manby
36.  The Redhead Revealed: Alice Clayton
37.  The Redhead Plays her Hand: "
38.  Before I Fall: Lauren Oliver
39.  Panic: "
40.  White Trash Beautiful: Teresa Mummert
41.  White Trash Damaged: "
42.  Busy Bodies: Anthology
43.  Unremembered: Jessica Brody
44.  The Karma Club: "
45.  Daughter of Smoke and Bone: Laini Taylor
46.  Torn: Monica Murphy
47.  Far Far Away: Tom McNeal
48.  Flirting in Italian: Lauren Henderson
49.  Rich Boys: Jenny O'Connell
50.  Local Girls: "
51.  Fire with Fire: Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian
52.  Tangled: Emma Chase
53.  Twisted: "
54.  The Siren: Tiffany Reisz
55.  The Runaway Wife: Rowan Coleman
56.  Secrets of my Hollywood Life: Jen Calonita
57.  Searching for Someday: Jennifer Probst
58.  Sabrina: Deborah Chiel
59.  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: Ransom Riggs
60.  The Reluctant Assassin: Eoin Colfer
61.  Loving Cara: Kristen Proby
62.  Deceptive Innocence: Kyra Davis
63.  Just One Night: "
64.  Simple Perfection: Abbi Glines
65.  The Way Home: Cindy Gerard
66.  Paper Town: John Green
67.  Catalyst: Laurie Halse Anderson
68.  The Bad Beginning: Lemony Snicker
69.  Born Wicked: Jessica Spotswood
70.  The Carrie Diaries: Candace Bushnell
71.  Speechless: Hannah Harrington
72.  The Bridesmaid: Hailey Abbot
73.  Nicola and the Viscount: Meg Cabot
74  The Submissive: Tara Sue Me
75.  The Casual Vacancy: JK Rowling
76.  The Luxe: Anna Godbersen
77.  Legend: Marie Lu
78.  The Story of Us; Deb Caletti
79.  The Nature of Jade: "
80.  Extraordinary: The True Story of My Fairygodparent, Who Almost Killed me, and Certainly Never Made me a Princess: Adam Selzer
81.  Priceless: Nicole Richie
82.  Prom Nights From Hell: Anthology
83.  Ruby Red: Kirsten Holt
84.  The Marriage Merger: Jennifer Probst
85.  This Girl: Colleen Hoover
86.  Angus, Thongs, and Full-Frontal Snogging: Louise Rennison
87.  Dancing in my Nuddy Pants: "
88.  Away Laughing, on a fast Camel: "
89.  Seeing Cinderella: Jenny Lundquist
90.  Elsewhere: Gabrielle Zevin
91.  Two Way Street: Lauren Barnholdt
92.  The Romance Readers Book Club: Julie L Cannon
93.  Swapping Lives: Jane Green
94. Girlfriend Material: Melissa Kantor
95.  Before I Die: Jenny Downham
96.  Fury:  Elizabeth Miles
97.  Carter Finally Gets It: Brent Crawford
98.  The Sky Is Everywhere: Jandy Nelson
99.  Bottled Up: Jaye Murray
100.  Nightlight: The Harvard Lampoon
101.  It's Not Summer Without You: Jenny Han
102.  Searching for Perfect: Jennifer Probst
103.  Skinny Dipping: Melissa de la Cruz
104.  The Marriage Bargain: Jennifer Probst
105.  Bet Me: Jennifer Cruisie
106.  The Land of Stories: The Enchantress Returns: Chris Colfer
107.  Afterparty:  Ann Redisch Stampler
108. Change of Heart: Jude Deveraux
109.  Illusion: JS Cooper
110.  I Belong to You: Lisa Renee Jones
111. A Family for Maddie: Sara Luck
112.  Three to Get Deadly: Janet Evanovich
113.  Four to Score: "
114.  High Five: "
115.  Hot Six: "
116.  Ten Big Ones: "
117.  Eleven on Top: "
118. Twelve Sharp: "
119.  Lean Mean Thirteen: "
120.  Fearless Fourteen: "
121.  Finger Lickin' Fifteen: "
122.  Sizzling Sixteen: "
123.  Smokin' Seventeen: "
124.  Plum Lucky: "
125.  Plum Lovin': "
126.  Plum Spooky: "
127.  Wicked Appetite: "
128.  My Life in Pink and Green:  Lisa Greenwald
129.  Twenties Girl: Sophie Kinsella
130.  Can you Keep a Secret: "
131.  Shopaholic Takes Manhattan: "
132.  Shopaholic Ties the Knot: "
133.  Shopaholic and baby: "
134.  Shopaholic and Sister: "
135.  Mini Shopaholic: "
136.  Reign or Shine: Michelle Rowen
137.  Reign Check: Michelle Rowen
138.  Generation Dead: Daniel Waters
139.  The Secret Language of Girls: Frances O'Roark Dowell
140.  The Perfect Boy: Hailey Abbot
141.  Timeless: Alexandra Monir
142.  When Irish Guys are Smiling: Suzanne Supplee
143.  The Mother-Daughter Book Club: Heather Vogel Frederick
144.  I'd Tell You I love you but then I'd Have to Kill You: Ally Carter
145.  Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy: "
146. Don't Judge a Girl by her Cover: "
147.  Only the Good Spy Young: "
148. Homeport: Nora Roberts
149.  Paper Covers Rock: Jenny Hubbard
150.  Bras and Broomsticks: Sarah Mlynowski
151.  Chasing Brooklyn: Lisa Schroeder
152.  Bled Dry: Erin McCarthy
153.  Kissing Annabel: Steven Herrick
154.  Far From Home: Lisa Schroeder
155.  The Giver: Lois Lowry
156.  Sushi for Beginners: Marian Keyes
157.  Wifey: Judy Blume
158.  Eternal Hunger: Lauren Wright
159.  Dead Until Dark: Charlaine Harris
160.  Adored: Tilly Bagshawe
161.  The Sweetest Thing: Jill Shalvis
162.  A Hint of Wicked: Jennifer Haymore
163.  Three Weeks with My Brother: Nicholas Sparks



So that's it for this year for my reading goals!!

Now to Erin!!!


1.  Book Goal:

I honestly do not know how many books I read per year -- I wouldn't even be able to tell you approximately how many books I read in a year.  I know I read a lot, but I've never really kept track, so I'm not really sure what a good number to shoot for is???  Anyways, after a lot of thought, I'm going to start a little low and go with 30 books this year!  It might be too low -- or maybe not, maybe I'm overestimating myself -- but we'll see! :D  Either way, I'm super excited for all the book challenges for this new year and I can't wait to see what happens!!

2. The Classics Challenge

On top of the TBR Challenge, I also want to do a Classics Challenge this year.  This one is a super tough one for me.  I always want to read more classics, but I find that I end up bailing for a "Modern" book.

I'm going to make the rule that the Classics I read have to be something I haven't read before, so unfortunately, that means that lots of (but not all) Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte will probably be out :( But I'm also going to count the "American Classics" (Which not all people may count as classics, but I do :))  such as books by John Steinbeck, F. Scott Fitzgerald, etc.

And now, my goal to read will be *drumroll*...TWO books! Okay, I know, I know it's ridiculously low number.  But to be honest, it's going to be a real challenge for me.  I mean, last year (2014), I read NO classics (because I already read Jane Eyre before, I don't count it.)  And honestly, besides Jane Austen and the Bronte Sisters, I've rarely read classics outside of school (which is one reason that I really really miss English classes, but that's besides the point).  Anyways, it's a real shame I haven't read more classics and I want to change that! So two will be my number to shoot for, but hopefully, I'll be able to surpass it! :D

3.  The 2015 Contemporary Challenge!

Yay!! Another challenge! For the new year, I want to read more contemporary books! I've always been more of a fantasy geek, so I haven't read too many contemporary books.  Not that I have anything against them -- there are lots of fabulous contemporaries -- but I also find that I'm usually more attracted to books with fantastical elements in them.  However, I have been noticing that I'm reading more contemporary books as of late and been enjoying them more (I just tend to be really picky about them!)  Anyways, this year, I'd like to make my goal to read at least TEN contemporaries (but the more the merrier)!.


4.  2015 Mount TBR Reading Challenge


HOLY MOLY!!! Aaah!!! Who let me buy all these books??? (Okay, I didn't buy everything on this list and some of them are from years past, but still...) I bought was too many books this year and my TBR pile has gone out of control! I'm actually a little bit worried at this point -- not to mention that my bookshelf space is getting seriously low.  So, naturally, my goal this year is to cut down on my TBR list!  And furthermore, I think I'll shoot for reading...25 books from this list! That might seem low from how many books I actually have on my TBR, but I know I'm going to be distracted by all the shiny new books coming out this year, so I'm hoping this will be a reasonable goal for me that I will be able to achieve! All right, here is the embarrassingly long list of TBRs!

1. Birthmarked by Caragh O'Brien
2. Promised by Caragh O'Brien
3. Prized by Caragh O'Brien
4.  The Vault of Dreamers by Caragh O'Brien
5.  The Young Elites by Marie Lu
6.  A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
7.  Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick
8.  Afterworlds by Scott Westerfeld
9.  Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
10.  Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
11. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
12.  Mortal Heart by Robin LaFevers
13.  The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson
14.  Fox Forever by Mary E. Pearson
15.  If I Stay by Gayle Forman
16.  Where She Went by Gayle Forman
17.  Never fade by Alexandra Bracken
18.  In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
19.  Sleep No More by Aprilynne Pike
20.  Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan
21.  Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
22.  The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
23.  Pivot Point by Kasie West
24.  Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
25.  Forbidden by Kimberly Griffiths Little
26.The Unhappening of Genesis Lee by Shallee McArthur
27.  Wither by Lauren DeStefano
28.  Fever by Lauren DeStefano
29.  Sever by Lauren DeStefano
30.  Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen
31.  Yes Please by Amy Poehler
32.  Between the Spark and the Burn by April Genevieve Tucholke
33.  Storm Siren by Mary Weber
34.  Pawn by Aimee Carter
35.  The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan
36.  The Lovely and the Lost by Page Morgan
37.  The DUFF by Kody Kiplinger
38.  Racing Savannah by Miranda Kenneally
30.  Breathe, Annie, Breathe by Miranda Kenneally
31.  Loop by Karen Akins
32.  Compulsion by Martina Boone
33.  Dangerous Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
34.  Everything Leads to You by Nina LaCour
35.  Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
36.  Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige
37.  The Ring and the Crown by Melissa de la Cruz
38.  Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
39.  In a Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis
40.  Exquisite Captive by Heather Demetrios
41.  Unforgotten by Jessica Brody
42.  The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
43. Paper Valentine by Brenna Yovanoff
44.  The Space Between by Brenna Yovanoff
45.  Waterfall by Lauren Kate
46.  Relic by Renee Collins
47.  Transparent by Natalie Whipple
48.  Trust Me I'm a Ninja by Natalie Whipple
49.  Cinders by Michelle Argyle
50.  Bonded by Michelle Argyle
51.  The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
52.  The Lost Saint by Bree Despain
53.  The Savage Grace by Bree Despain
54.  The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain
55.  Dangerous by Shannon Hale
56.  The Burning Sky by Sherry Thomas
57.  The Perilous Sea by Sherry Thomas
58.  Rebel by Amy Tintera
59.  Everneath by Brodi Ashton
60.  Overture by Brodi Ashton
61.  Boundless by Cynthia Hand
62.  Infinite by Jodi Meadows
63.  The One by Kiera Cass
64.  The Cuckoo's Calling by Robert Galbraith
65.  The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
66.  Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
67.  Control by Lydia Kang
68.  Deep Blue by Jennifer Donnelly
69.  Anatomy of a Misfit by Andrea Portes
70.  Eve by Anna Carey
71.  Once by Anna Carey
72.  Rise by Anna Carey
73.  In the After by Demetria Lunette
74.  Starters by Lissa Price
75.  Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins
76.  The Inventor's Secret by Andrea Cremer
77.  Ironskin by Tina Connolly
78.  Fire and Flood by Victoria Scott
79.  Proxy by Alex London
80.  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
81.  The Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
82.  The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
83.  Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
84.  Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
85.  Once We Were by Kat Zhang
86.  Echoes of Us by Kat Zhang
87.  The Program by Suzanne Young
88.  The Treatment by Suzanne Young
89.  The Taking by Kimberly Derting
90.  After the End by Amy Plum
91.  The Vanishing Season by Jodi Lynn Anderson
92.  Tiger Lily: Jodi Lynn Anderson
93.  Rebel Heart by Moira Young
94.  Raging Star: "
95.  Allegiant: Veronica Roth
96.  The Archived by Victoria Schwab
97.  The Unbound by "
98.  Vicious: "
99.  The Strange and Beautiful Sorrows of Ava Lavender: Leslye Walton
100. Nil by Lynne Matson
101.  Winter spell by Claire LeGrand
102. Curses and Smoke by Vicky Alvear Shecter
103.  Asylum by Madeleine Roux



So that's our challenges for this year!!! What challenges are you participating in? :) Let us know in the comments! :)

Happy New Year!

Mandy & Erin @The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. I think everyone's doing the Popsugar this year. Good luck with the mount TBR as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick