The Proposal (#6.5 in the Mediator Series) by Meg Cabot (Novella)

I have had this week off for President's Week from my work, so I thought it would be a good time to at least get a little reading done, when I'm not having to do homework or go to the Dentist!  So after finally being able to download it onto my Kindle (no internet!), I have been able to read Meg Cabot's novella that is the predecessor to Meg's latest edition to the Mediator Series, Remembrance.  This one is called The Proposal and it is a short, fun story giving us readers (adult readers!) the proposal that we didn't get to hear the story about in Remembrance!

When I met Meg last week, she mentioned to us listeners that what is great about this two new editions to the Mediator series, is that they can stand along from the original young adult series, that accompanies these two new books.  However, I do recommend you read the original series, either before or after, preferably before, because let's not spoil the story!

Now to the review of The Proposal!

From Goodreads:


The last place Suze Simon expects to find herself during Valentine's Day is a cemetery.  But that's what happens when you're a mediator -- cursed with the "gift" of communicating with the dead.

That's how Suze has ended up at the graves of a pair of NCDPs -- Non-Compliant Deceased Persons-- whose drama didn't end with death.  It's Suze's job to make sure they move on -- for good.
But the NCDPs aren't the only ones with problems.  The reasons Suze is spending her Valentine's Day with the undead instead of her boyfriend, Jesse, is because he's having so much trouble adjusting to life after death...not surprising, considering the fact that the used to be an NCDP himself, and now his girlfriend busts his former kind for a living, while he tries to cure his kind of what used to ail him.

Can Suze use her mediating skills to propose a mutual resolution, and bring all these young lovers together -- including Jesse and herself -- especially on the night Saint Valentine declared sacred to romance?

Or will she end up along -- and possibly undead-- herself?


My Thoughts:

This was a cute edition to the Mediator series.  It wasn't as detailed as Remembrance, of course, because it is only a novella, and contained about 120 pages of content, but it was nice hearing the side story of Jesse finally asking the big question!

I actually have always liked that authors sometimes write little side stories, to give you more insight on their characters, because it is nice to sometimes just sit down and relax to a nice easy short, and not so intimidating story during your free time.  Meg has written quite a few shorts, including a few for the Princess Diaries series, which were always great editions!

The Proposal has it all!  Action, romance, thrills, and of course Jesse!

The mediator storyline of this one was good too.  It contained just the right amount of drama, and suspense!

Overall rating:


I am, now, of course looking forward to Meg's next release, which will be out in May I believe.  But until then, I'll find some other greats to read...or just be stuck doing homework...which is what I'm supposed to be doing right now, and cleaning the house...but you know, priorities! :)

But I hope everyone is having a great week! I hope to be back soon!  I don't know if I'll have time to read again this week, let alone finish a book, but you never know!  I'm trying to get all my homework and cleaning done today, so I may have some free time still this week, before work starts again next week!

Talk to all soon!

The Romance Bookie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick