Losing at Love (Outer Banks Tennis Academy #2) by Jennifer Iacopelli

Hey Everyone!

So years ago, 2013 to be exact, I got to be a part of this really awesome blogging team called the OBXers!  We helped and supported an up and coming author named Jennifer Iacopelli, get her debut book out into the world.  I remember it being so much fun to be a part of the team!  The best part, however, was getting to read an ARC of Game. Set. Match.  I loved it!  It was such a great book, containing my favorite things!  Romance, teen drama, romance, and...teen drama!  What more could you ask for??

Well it's been over six years, and I finally had the time to read the second book in the series, Losing at Love, which was released in 2015.

From Goodreads:


Grass courts, tennis whites and the fiercest competition in the world.  Wimbledon.  After two crazy weeks in Paris, the girls of the Outer Banks Tennis Academy are headed to London with just one thing on their minds: winning.

Indiana Gaffney is fresh off a surprise win at the French Open junior tournament.  Sponsors are clamoring for her attention, but what she wants more than anything -- aside from a wild card to Wimbledon -- is to be with Jack Harrison, but international fame and a secret relationship rarely mix well.

When Penny Harrison dreamed of playing at Wimbledon she never imagined agonizing pain shooting through her ankle with every step.  With just a month until the tournament and the whole world expecting her to win, she's determined to play, with or without the support of her coach or the love of her life, Alex Russell.

For the first time ever, no one expects anything from Jasmine Randazzo.  After a crushing first-round defeat in the French Open juniors, the tennis world have given up on her, but worse than that, so have her parents, her best friend Teddy and maybe even her coach.  With everyone writing her off, can she find it within her to go after her dreams?


My Thoughts:

So it's been over six years since I read the first book in the series, and I still was able to get into the second book with no problems!  I was worried I wouldn't like it as much, just because my taste has changed a bit since then, and I have become a bit cynical, but nope! LOVED IT!

In fact, I am wondering now, "Where the heck is book 3????"

But it doesn't appear a third book is scheduled for release anytime soon/if at all???

Which bums me out a bit!

But I really did enjoy Losing at Love!  The characters in this series are a lot of fun, and have transformed into some great people since first being introduced in Game. Set. Match.; especially when taking into consideration the fact that not all that much time has passed!

This is a fun series!  Perfect for a good summer read!  And while I'm not a big sports person, the sports aspect of the story really adds such depth into the storyline, and brings out the characters individually and together even more!

Overall Rating:


Really great summer read!  Perfect for what I needed!  I definitely recommend you check out this series!  You can find it on Amazon (it's part of the Kindle Unlimited program, if you're a member!) and Barnes and Noble!

Hope everyone is having a good week!  I am finally (hopefully) getting over a REALLY nasty bit of the flu!  I've been down since last Friday, to and from the doctors a couple of times; but possibly appear to be getting  a bit better finally!  Stay safe and flu free everyone!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick