My Highlights of 2021

  Hey Everyone!

A new year is once again upon us!  I don't know about you, but I feel like 2021 just zoomed by!  Maybe it's because my 15 month old has just grown like a weed, and I just want to 😭 every time I go through photos on my phone and see the changes happening everyday.  

2022 is upon us!  Well, almost.  Which means a new year of possibilities, goals, family moments, and so many positive things hopefully.  

I honestly can't complain about 2021, not when my family and I have experienced so much worse in the past.  I know this is a weird time we are living in, but I am just so grateful to be here, with my husband and our son, and our grumpy dog.  

Some highlights of 2021 were: (these may not be in order)

1.  We went to the reopening of Disneyland.  After 412 days of closure due to the Covid-19 pandemic, Disneyland was able to reopen and my family and I got to go.  It was such an incredible experience, being there, and experiencing such a historic event.

 
2. I got to renovate and decorate my office.  I went all out, painted the whole space myself, bought curtains, decorations, and even a couch!  It was so much fun, and such awesome to have my own space once again for all of my beautiful books, and collectibles.  

  



3. I got to celebrate my first ever Mother's Day.  My husband made me feel so unbelievably special, as he always does.  <3



3. We went to Monterey on a family trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  


4. I became a Bookstagrammer!  The Romance Bookie is now on Instagram! So I've had a lot of fun taking photos of my books (and Funko Pops!) this year!


5. I started a new hobby.  I joined the Planner Life!  I am obsessed with planners, and it is all thanks to finding Little Inkling Designs Novel Companion this year! This obsession has grown ten folds, and expanded to an entire room!  But I am loving it and it has gotten me back into reading!


6. My family and I decided to put my family home up for sale, and my husband and I moved to a new town, which we absolutely love! The picture below is of my family's property.  Moving also allowed me to once again have a new space, not as big as my original space, but I'm really loving my cozy new place!


7.  For my husband's first Father's Day, I made him something that is on my to-cook bucket list...a Beef Wellington.  


8. I became a US Citizen!  After 23-years in America, I finally get to call myself, officially, an American!  


9. I started a very serious health journey this year, for myself and for my family, and have lost just over 90 lbs so far. The picture on the left is me in July during my Citizenship ceremony, and the one of the left was a couple of weeks ago.

 

10. We celebrated our son's first birthday at Disneyland once again!  We didn't even think about going back, but couldn't resist, when Disneyland had a sale on their tickets.  It was such a fun trip, and we got to do Oogie Boogie Nights, dressed as Jungle Cruise Skippers!

Alex had just started walking, so he got to walk around Disneyland, and had a blast!


My family and I had our ups and downs in 2021, but overall it was a good year.  Some big changes came our way, and we are trying to embrace them towards a new beginning, so to say.

I hope everyone had a good 2021, and that 2022 brings you lots of happiness and fulfillment.  <3

Happy New Year!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fantastic year! Cheers 🥂 to another year of friendship. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick