Update for 2021

 Hey Everyone!

So life as a new mom is...hectic...to say the least.


I absolutely freaking love it!  I honestly think I was meant to be a mama.  The amount of joy my little guy gives me far outweighs anything I have felt since meeting my husband (my only other source of joy).  


That being said, postpartum is no joke.  My emotions are all over the place.  Giving birth has caused me to have some vitamin deficiencies, which I'm taking supplements for.  But do you know what no one talks about? Vitamin Deficiencies can mess with your mind and body.


I mean it makes sense.  But I am so physically and mentally tired, it's not even funny.  And trust me, it is not because of my six month old!  

Any-whoo, I have unfortunately not had the brain for reading recently, but I have instead been working on something else...

Finally...

After years...

Being able to FINALLY DISPLAY ALL OF MY BOOKS AGAIN!! 

It's a work in progress, but I am so proud of how it is coming out!

I'm still trying to actually find all of my books, they have been in stored in the garage for a few years now, since I moved in with my husband, back in 2015.  

I miss seeing all of my books all in one place, looking all pretty.  

My husband and I both work from home, and are very fortunate that we each get to have our own office in our home, so I have working on my own space for a few months now.  I painted it all on my own (which I was super proud about, because I was not able to paint our son's room last year while I was pregnant, because I had so very little energy). I even was able to use the left over paint from my little guy's room, so it didn't even cost me anything extra!

Then the carpet in that room was really nasty (due to another family member, who has since moved out, having cats), so my amazing husband surprised me by letting me pick out my dream carpet...a super plush dark purple carpet!!! 

And then I may have gotten a rug I've had my eyes on FOREVER (like I'm talking eight years...) from Lowes.

And thanks to the stimulus check, I was able to get a couch to finish the room off nicely. My couch is actually coming in today, so I'm really excited about that!

I also have a bit of Funko Pop collecting problem 😬 so I'm working on getting those displayed as well.


Anyway, my nerdy-side has finally been allowed to come out again, and I'm very excited to share my office very soon on here.

For now, here are the progress photos...


Before Paint
This shows the old carpet and before I painted

After Paint, but before new carpet


And then here it is after paint and carpet...

My Purple Carpet 😍😍

And a sneak peak at my first book shelf and Pop shelf done

I'm very much looking forward to my couch getting here soon, and arranging everything!

I still need to finish up painting a book shelf, and like I said, actually finding all of my books, but the work in progress is getting closer and closer to being completed!

I'm really hoping that once I have that space that's really 100% mine, that I will be able to sit down again and actually read a book!

I hope everyone has a lovely Easter weekend! And I will hopefully be back soon! :)

The Romance Bookie :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick