American Royals (American Royals #1) by Katharine McGee (Audiobook)

 Hey Everyone!

I am really excited to write this review.  I didn't think I would I would be able to read another book this year, let alone two, and then also have one of them be a favorite of the year!  I am on a roll this month and trying to keep the momentum going!

For my review today I have an audiobook I got to listen to, for American Royals by Katharine McGee.

From Goodreads:


What if America had a royal family?

When America won the Revolutionary War, its people offered General George Washington a crown. Two and a half centuries later, the House of Washington still sits on the throne.

As Princess Beatrice gets closer to becoming America's first queen regnant, the duty she has embraced her entire life suddenly feels stifling.

Nobody cares about the spare except when she's breaking the rules, so Princess Samantha doesn't care much about anything, either...except the one boy who is distinctly off-limits to her.

And then there Samantha's twin, Prince Jefferson. If he's been born a generation earlier, he would have stood first in line for the throne, but the new laws of succession make him third. Most of America adores their devastatingly handsome prince...but two very different girls are vying to capture his heart. 


My Thoughts:

Really, truly enjoyed this one.  So much so that when I saw my local library didn't have the second book as an audiobook, that I ended up buying it.  I loved the story idea, the characters, the family, the friendships, the drama.  I just honestly enjoyed every part of this book!  It was a fun read that I needed!  

I also enjoyed the audiobook.  The narrator did a fabulous job differentiating each character, and bringing them to life.  I started picking up fairly early to whose story I was listening to, if I happened to miss a part (each chapter is in the POV of each of the characters and switches off).  



American Royals has it all for me!  The friendships, family drama, love triangles, this interesting take on a what-if on American history, and so much more.  The drama between Nina, Daphne, and Prince Jefferson I am especially excited to hear more about!

I am very much looking forward to hearing more, especially after the cliff-hanger this ending left me with!  


I hope everyone is having a good holiday season! 

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick