Majesty (American Royals #2) by Katharine McGee (Audiobook)

 Hey! 


Finished another one!!! Not sure how many more I can in the eleven days we have left in 2021, but I am trying!  I want to read at least one more, and that's a library book I need to return asap.  


I ended up listening to Majesty, the second American Royal book by Katharine McGee. I've been having so much fun listening to audiobooks while I work on my planner!  Especially now that I got my Always Fully Booked Planner from Little Inkling Designs!



Isn't it gorgeous???!!! 
I am having so much fun setting it up for 2022!  

Anyway, on the my review!



Is American ready for its first queen?

Power is intoxicating. Like first love, it can leave you breathless.  Princess Beatrice was born with it. Princess Samantha was born with less. Some, like Nina Gonzalez, are pulled into it. And a few will claw their way in. Ahem, we're looking at you Daphne Deighton.

As America adjusts to the idea of a queen on the throne, Beatrice grapples with everything she lost when she gained the ultimate crown. Samantha is busy living up to her "party princess" persona...and maybe adding a party prince to her side. Nina is trying to avoid the palace--and Prince Jefferson--at all costs. And a dangerous secret threatens to undo all of Daphne's carefully laid "marry Prince Jefferson" plans.

A new reign has begun....


My Thoughts:

I know it's late in the year, but I think it is safe to say that this has become my favorite series of 2021!  I truly enjoyed this one just as much as the first book!  It surprised me how different of a turn each of the stories went in with the second book, because I really thought Katharine McGee had laid it all out in the first one, but then BAM! she does a 180 and all of sudden everyone is a completely different place!  But I liked it! A lot!

My favorite story in this one was Queen Beatrice.  Her story intensified even more with this one, and I just kept wanting more.  Princess Samantha is realizing her true potential, while Nina, who didn't have as much of a roll in this one, was finding a way to be her own person, versus a part of the palace life.  And then there is Daphne...OH Daphne!  You want to hate her, but her side of the story is so juicy.  She is still a terrible person, but you just keep waiting for her to get what is owed to her.  

This series has become very addictive, and I'm only on book 2!  Okay, so the third book doesn't actually come out until May, so I'm with everyone else who has read the series so far!  But book three Rivals is on my list of Most Anticipated Books of 2022!  Really excited to get my hands on it! Or I guess my earbuds in my ear, and be able to listen to it, because Brittany Pressley is a great narrator who really had brought these books to life for me!

Overall Rating:



Really loved it!  It's a new favorite of mine!  I'm actually thinking about ultimately adding physical copies to my shelf, but need to get those a bit more organized first!  Definitely check this one out if you are a fan of Princess Diaries, Gossip Girl, and love a little drama in your reads...really a lot of drama. 😉

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas, who celebrates it! And hope to write again soon!

I'll be doing a post on all the challenges I hope to participate and complete next year, soon!

The Romance Bookie :)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick