City of Bone By Cassandra Clare

Another book that has been sitting on my bookshelf for over a year, City of Bones absolutely amazing! Here are some words that I would use to describe it: stunning, surprising, breathtaking, phenomenal, spectacular, and...well, I think you get the picture.  I enjoyed this book from beginning until end.  It has it all: humor, romance, action, magic.

Even though the story is completely different, the main characters at the beginning reminded me a little bit of Bella and Edward from The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer.  But once I hit the last few chapters, that definitely wasn't the case anymore when a serious twist comes in.  This book kept me on my toes throughout the whole story.  It was AWESOME!

The story is about Clary, a fifteen year old girl whose mother has been kidnapped.  She soon realizes her whole life has been full of secrets and lies.  Her mother was a part of this special group called the Shadowhunters, who hunt down demons and other bad creatures that threaten others.  Through her mother going missing, Clary gets in contact with other Shadowhunters; one of them being Jace.  Jace and Clary become close.  Jace, who has lived a life of pain and hurt, especially after his father died in front of him a few years earlier; finds himself to have a strong connection with Clary, who up until a few days ago he believed to have been a "mundane" (the Shadowhunter's term for humans).

Jace and Clary find themselves fighting demons, werewolves, vampires, and other monsters, while trying to find her mother and the Mortal Cup, a super powerful cup that helps make more Shadowhunters.  I don't want to give away too much, but I will add that this book has a lot of action, which makes a great read for both guys and gals.  There isn't too much mushy-gushy romance, just enough to keep the girls on their toes.

I think I already mentioned this somewhat at the top, but there is a serious twist at the end that may surprise the readers.  Somehow, I don't know why or how, I had a hunch on what it was; so other readers may also be able to figure it out before they read it near the end.  It definitely had me wanting to wanting to read the next one.  And believe the entry for City of Ashes will be coming very soon.  I plan on ordering it this week!

Overall Rating:


I hope everyone had a great weekend, and I will write again soon! If you read this or already have, let me know what you thought!!

The Romance Bookie :)

Oh my GOD!!! I also just found out that a movie is coming out soon!! It's with Emma Roberts (I don't know how I feel about that...) and Alex Pettyfer (from "Beastly" and "I am Number Four")!!! Oh I am soo excited!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick