A State of Jane by Meredith Schorr Review

Finally!! Another book off of my review list! I'm so happy to be finally reading these! :)

From Goodreads:
A State of Jane

Jane Frank is ready to fall in love. It's been a year since her long term relationship ended and far too long since the last time she was kissed. With the LSAT coming up she needs to find a long term boyfriend (or husband) before acing law school and becoming a partner in her father's law firm. There's just one problem: All the guys in New York are flakes. They seemingly drop off the face of the earth with no warning and no explanation. Should she join her best friend Marissa in singlehood, making cupcakes and watching True Blood? Or should she follow her co-worker Andrew's advice and turn the game back on those who scorned her? As Jane attempts to juggle her own responsibilities and put up with the problems of everyone around her, she starts to realize the dating life isn't as easy as she originally thought.

My Thoughts:

Overall, Meredith has written a great story when it comes to A State of Jane!  It had an intriguing story line, very relate able for all us single ladies out there in the world, and some great characters!

However, at the same time it also has a character I was not a huge fan of...Jane, the MAIN character.  
Written in the point of view of Jane, I often got very annoyed when Jane did something, complained about something, messed something up unintentionally.  I know she is bummed she hasn't found "the one", believe I'm looking too; however, I've been known not to have much tolerance for those people who complain about it, especially if they've had a great guy before!  Jane was this character!  

I found it amazing when her sister set her straight and told her she was selfish b&*%h , and just told her she has no idea how bad life can get!  

Jane has had it easy, without truly knowing it, and always taking it for granted; which made it very satisfying for me when in the end, Jane finally realized so!

Overall rating:

I thought this was a cute light read!  Pretty short, only 266 pages, so it went by pretty fast on my Kindle.  And while, throughout the novel the main character bothered me, I was very glad to hear that by the beginning she had at least changed towards her friends and family!

Schorr did a great job with this story, when it comes to writing, and her other characters, and the overall idea behind the story!  I would recommend this one to single ladies, or women looking for a cute light romance read!

You can get your copy of A State of Jane either at Barnes and Noble or Amazon! :)

Enjoy!

The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate your review, Mandy. I'm glad you enjoyed the book although I'm sorry that you didn't like Jane. I made her that way on purpose so she could learn and grow throughout the course of the novel, otherwise there would have been no book :). Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad she grew over the course of the book! And thank you for reading my review! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick